Is it a good practice to have Air Conditioner in the Gym

somashekar

Staff member
Super Moderator
Recently many Gym in my city are opening up new outlets with central Air conditioner and promoting same with discounted annual fee.
Is having Air conditioner in Gym a good practice.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

John Broomfield

Staff member
Super Moderator
Re: Is it a good practice to have AC in the Gym...

Recently many Gym in my city are opening up new outlets with central Air conditioner and promoting same with discounted annual fee.
Is having Air conditioner in Gym a good practice.

somashekar,

It depends on the climate and weather conditions. Air conditioning may be necessary to fulfill the environmental criteria such as recommended herein:

http://www.sportengland.org/media/32375/Fitness-and-exercise-spaces.pdf

See page 31.

John

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Staff member
Admin
Re: Is it a good practice to have AC in the Gym

I would certainly want AC in the gym I use. Given the human body tends to overheat when exercising, having climate control helps the individual to avoid heat stress by the temperature equalization effect of both cooling and de-humidifying the atmosphere with air conditioning.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Selling clinical practice advice Other US Medical Device Regulations 4
M Good Clinical Practice (GCP) - ISO 14155 vs. ICH Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 5
DuncanGibbons Best practice for identifying "items" of parts for DFMEA analysis AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
C Looking for China Good manufacturing practice China Medical Device Regulations 1
F Recommended practice for furnishing Technical Procedures ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
M Informational Critical Thinking and the Process of Evidence-Based Practice Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
R Bill of Materials for a complex product - Industry best practice ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
M Informational TGA presentation: How to submit an effective good manufacturing practice clearance application Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
V Every good documentation practice observation is an data integrity issue US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 7
M Medical Device News TGA Consultation: Good Clinical Practice Inspections Program Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
J Good Laboratory Practice: online training course recommendations? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
T MDR on Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) - Pg 110, section 6.1 (b) EU Medical Device Regulations 1
A What does a good business practice Process Audit look like for AS9100D? Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 9
M Best Practice for setting tolerances on a Drawing Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
Q Source of practice to Evaluate Risks? (ISO 9001:2015) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
U Good Documentation Practice (GDocP or GDP) - Labels and Attachments Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
Q Is it normal practice to lubricate Ring Gages before use? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 17
J Sampling Plan Questions from the CQE Practice Exam Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
I Is it common practice for a bake oven to require a CQI-9? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 1
L ISO13485 past practice labeling vs customer requirement Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
AmandaMusser Personal names in docs - Goes against every documenation practice I know! Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 30
bio_subbu NBOG Publishes revised best practice guidance documents (Nov 2014) EU Medical Device Regulations 1
W Audit Protocol Manual which describes best practice Auditing Standards General Auditing Discussions 1
D Number of Internal Auditors Best Practice Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 18
A Industry best practice about Post-Market Surveillance and Risk Analysis ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 6
M Safe Work Practice vs Safe Work Procedures - Differences Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 6
S Audit Notification - Is it a obligation to notify people or just good practice Internal Auditing 18
K Is this Best Practice Auditing? General Auditing Discussions 3
I Best Practice in Process Validation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
D Is embedding documents within a Contract an acceptable practice ? Contract Review Process 9
Q Medical Device Manufacturing Process Monitoring Best Practice ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
S FDA Corrections & Removals - Industry Practice for Repairs 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 7
U Theory and Practice Behind Expecting a Distribution for my Data (specially the normal Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 48
I RoHS vs Non-RoHS - Best Practice for preventing Cross-Contamination? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 1
AnaMariaVR2 Why Business Schools Teach Transparency but Practice Ambiguity Career and Occupation Discussions 0
B ASQ CSSBB Exam March 2013 - Practice Performance Assessment Professional Certifications and Degrees 5
E SPC Corrective Actions - Best Practice with Process Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
D Root Cause and Corrective Action - Is our Practice Acceptable? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
V What is best practice to track Quality Teams Effectiveness & Efficiency. Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
V The best practice to maintain & link Design and Process FMEAs FMEA and Control Plans 8
A Instructions for Use - Best Practice to meet all International Regulations ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
J Is this practice common? 1 Quality Manager covering QA, QC, QE, SQE IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 20
B Corrective Action Numbering and Indexing Best Practice Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
B Over Size Diameter Counter Sinks - Shop Practice Standard or BAC Specification Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
L Regulatory basis for the practice of quality as the last signatory on approvals 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
K Gemba Walks - Do you practice Gemba Walks in your organizations? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 8
B SSOW - Safe Systems of Work - Good examples for best practice needed Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 9
S Which CMQ/OE Practice Exam CD - Recommendations and Reviews? Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
M Need help on Good Documentation Practice Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
hogheavenfarm Affirmations - the theory in practice Imported Legacy Blogs 0