Is it sufficient to send in my instruments for calibration every second year?

J

jovexcorba

Currently I am using some measuring instruments like pressure calibrator, electrical calibrator and temperature calibrator. I don't know how to make my instruments reliable and after which time that are checked for calibration. Please give your suggestion.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
You will have to take a look at how often they are used and decide, from the data from calibration if they are capable of holding their values over time. Selecting a date on a calendar isn't scientific and you will (potentially) be caught out by that...

Last edited by a moderator:

dgriffith

Quite Involved in Discussions
Currently I am using some measuring instruments like pressure calibrator, electrical calibrator and temperature calibrator. I don't know how to make my instruments reliable and after which time that are checked for calibration. Please give your suggestion.
Okay, what are the instrument models?
1. What is their current recall period / interval?
2. How many times have these instruments been sent out for calibration?
3. What was the as-found condition for each--in or out of tolerance?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Informational How to perform a clinical evaluation of medical devices – Part 2 – Level of clinical evidence and what sufficient clinical evidence means Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 9
M GDPR - Is anonymizing sufficient to address right to erasure? Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 3
R Demonstrate how sufficient levels of access to data is achieved - Claims of equivalence EU Medical Device Regulations 3
CPhelan Do you require MDSAP for CE Marking of a Medical Device or is ISO13485:2016 with clinical data sufficient? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 5
M Is referenced content sufficient to meet record content requirements? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
R Is PFMEA (Process FMEA) for OEM sufficient to address Risk? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
J Is MS Outlook a sufficient reminder to perform yearly supplier evaluations? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 10
S Read Only & Password Protected - Sufficient to Control Documents under 4.2.3? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
GStough Is "Did Not Follow Procedures" Sufficient for RCA? Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 30
C Is our method of Traceability sufficient? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
A Are RoHS compliance certs sufficient to qualify material? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 6
R ISO 17025 sufficient enough to drop ISO 10005 Quality Plan? ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
T Does FDA consider Flow Charts sufficient instruction for SOPs? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
W Is an Oven I/O/Q Validation Required or is Calibration Sufficient? Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 7
P Rework Notification - Is it sufficient to show how we control rework process Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
D ISO 2859 - Probability that sample size is sufficient Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
N Preparation time for the 'spring' RAC Exam - sufficient time? Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
J Determining sufficient data points to commence sampling for in-process inspections Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
N Sufficient measurement of length - 4:1 TUR - Basic 25ft tape measures Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
K Recall or advisory notice sufficient for software ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
J Coming up with initial policies sufficient to get everyone headed on the right track ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
D Would Design & Process FMEA (PCBA) be sufficient to fulfill requirement of Cl 7.1? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
Z Design and Development Planning - Is It Sufficient and Practical or Not Design and Development of Products and Processes 0
Z 'Duty to Declare' substance - Is submission of IMDS sufficient? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 2
I Controlled Documents - Would storing documents as PDFs be sufficient for control? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 12
R Corrective actions which are not sufficient or are rejected for minor nonconformances ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
R Process Auditing - Identifying/Monitoring "Key" Processes Sufficient? Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 5
D Are measuring equipment manufacturer calibration certificates (certs) sufficient? QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 6
A MSA - Measurement System Analysis: Is compliance to 2nd edition sufficient? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
D Customer Supplied Product - Is a list of all customer supplied product sufficient? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
Marc Brute Force Validation - Difficult to show 10-year calibration cycle is sufficient General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
bryan willemot Looking for a good CoC to put with my certification sheets when we send parts Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
K How Many Samples to send for Chemistry Testing Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 3
L How do you send an IMDS instead of propose to a customer? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 2
Y Attachments of Certificate of Compliance - What to send to the Customer Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 11
E Regulations/ Restrictions to send Product Labeling (brochures, etc) Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 5
T IMDS - What is the difference between propose and send buttons? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 5
P Bulk Material Requirements Checklist to send along with my PPAP APQP and PPAP 2
P Should I send survey questionnaire prior to Supplier EMS Audit? Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 14
J Do any of you send the whole CQI-9 System Assessment to your Customers? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
A Whom should I send the FSCA (Field Safety Corrective Action) to? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
A Expired CMDCAS Certificate - Registrar has yet to send the new CMDCAS certificate Canada Medical Device Regulations 4
A Do I need to send notification to Notified body and EC Rep? EU Medical Device Regulations 12
K FMEA and Control Plan In-House or send to Customer? APQP and PPAP 9
Mikilk ETO Sterilization - Annual Report of all Sterilization Validations to send the NB EU Medical Device Regulations 3
P Is it compulsory to send new measuring equipment for calibration / verification? Calibration Frequency (Interval) 3
V Mandatory to send to the Customers FMEA in a PPAP level 3 - Doubt IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 36
S Outlook efficiency to safely send a document, and keep traceability Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
M IEC 60601 Medical electrical equipment - Send declaration and guidance to customers? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
M PPAP Review Updated yearly but not send to Customer - Is it Right? APQP and PPAP 12