Is management representative a temporary post or a job title

While it does not require an MR by name it does require someone with the same responsibilities. So its almost just easier to continue using the title to make it clear.
He wants ammunition to take to a Director, it's not there. Unless the other standards have something specific it's going to be up to the organization to define. Which the Director seems to be doing. Right or wrong.

John Broomfield

Fully retired...
So how can I/email receiver distinguish between the authorities of each title when I send an email
How often do the recipients of your emails need this?

In five decades of work I’ve never experienced such a need.

But somewhere in the documented parts of your management system you may add the man rep duties to the job description of the IT Mgr and QA Mgr and identify their deputies.

After the chief exec announces these newly assigned authorities and responsibilities to everyone you can make that announcement part of the orientation for all new employees.

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
Trusted
Man, we argue about the silliest things these days. Fine, Management Rep isn't a "job title." It's still a function -- Someone with the responsibility to represent management in the QMS. I can see where in a larger company, knowing that Bob is the "Management Rep" could be helpful. Would the typical email be: " Hey this is Bob, the Management Rep. Please be informed that Monday and Tuesday next week we will have the auditor from XYZ for our ISO audit. Here's the schedule. Please be ready to go. If you have questions let me know. " As oppose just getting it from some guy named Bob who you don't know?

Man, we argue about the silliest things these days. Fine, Management Rep isn't a "job title." It's still a function -- Someone with the responsibility to represent management in the QMS. I can see where in a larger company, knowing that Bob is the "Management Rep" could be helpful. Would the typical email be: " Hey this is Bob, the Management Rep. Please be informed that Monday and Tuesday next week we will have the auditor from XYZ for our ISO audit. Here's the schedule. Please be ready to go. If you have questions let me know. " As oppose just getting it from some guy named Bob who you don't know?
That’s what I thought. my email signature "Management Rep" is just to explain who am I and my authorities when I discuss with someone who is in level higher than my primary job title "Quality Section Head"

John Broomfield

Fully retired...
That’s what I thought. my email signature "Management Rep" is just to explain who am I and my authorities when I discuss with someone who is in level higher than my primary job title "Quality Section Head"
Yes, Quality Section Head doesn't even hint at your authority and responsibility for a management system which applies to people outside your Section.

Ask your boss to promote you to QA Manager once you are clear on how the management system is meant to deliver assurance of quality to top management and to your customers.

Unless, of course, you already report to the QA Manager!