Is Master Sample a Document? - ISO 9000:2000, Clause 3.7.2

S

sathis

Is Master Sample a Document?

As per ISO 9000:2000, 3.7.2 - States " Master Sample is a Document".

Sathis

Randy

Super Moderator
1st...ISO 9000:2000 is no longer a valid reference, now it's ISO9000:2005

2nd...Why would a Master Sample not be a Document as defined?

That's what is says doesn't it?

A definition is a definition and is not debatable.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
I don't have a copy of ISO 9000:2005 handy. Could someone give us a direct quote of the text in question?

Randy

Super Moderator
I don't have a copy of ISO 9000:2005 handy. Could someone give us a direct quote of the text in question?

The words are the same between the two and the reference is for "document information" related to document medium.

S

sathis

Re: Is Master Sample a Document? - ISO 9000:2005, Clause 3.7.2

In Automotive Industry , we see Master sample as a product,

But how they are relating Master Sample as Document

Sathish

Colin

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: Is Master Sample a Document? - ISO 9000:2005, Clause 3.7.2

In Automotive Industry , we see Master sample as a product,

But how they are relating Master Sample as Document

Sathish

There would be a need to ensure that the master sample has been approved and is the correct version etc. In other words, it needs controlling as a controlled document would.

Randy

Super Moderator
Thanks, but I'd still like to see the actual text.

Well fiddle sticks..............

document information (3.7.1) and its supporting medium

EXAMPLE Record (3.7.6), specification (3.7.3), procedure document, drawing, report, standard.

NOTE 1 The medium can be paper, magnetic, electronic or optical computer disc, photograph or master sample, or a combination thereof.

NOTE 2 A set of documents, for example specifications and records, is frequently called “documentation”.

NOTE 3 Some requirements (3.1.2) (e.g. the requirement to be readable) relate to all types of documents, however there can be different requirements for specifications (e.g. the requirement to be revision controlled) and records (e.g. the requirement to be retrievable).

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Well fiddle sticks..............

document information (3.7.1) and its supporting medium

EXAMPLE Record (3.7.6), specification (3.7.3), procedure document, drawing, report, standard.

NOTE 1 The medium can be paper, magnetic, electronic or optical computer disc, photograph or master sample, or a combination thereof.

NOTE 2 A set of documents, for example specifications and records, is frequently called “documentation”.

NOTE 3 Some requirements (3.1.2) (e.g. the requirement to be readable) relate to all types of documents, however there can be different requirements for specifications (e.g. the requirement to be revision controlled) and records (e.g. the requirement to be retrievable).

Thanks! :agree1: I'm not sure I understand how master samples got lumped in with documents. If we go by Note 3 (and 3.1.2), master samples must be "readable." :confused:

Randy

Super Moderator
You know, I don't either, that is curious. Medium isn't quite the same as document

Sathis...How is this being pushed upon you?

Top Bottom