SBS - The best value in QMS software

Is my MSA Study Spreadsheet okay to AIAG MSA Manual 4th Edition?

H

Hirstyuk

Hi All,

This is my first post, hope you can help. I have been asked to update our MSA from 3rd to 4th edition. I have updated the formula's that I can see but I would like a second opinion before we get our external TS audit done this year. MSA is big on his agenda.

Any critisism or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time (attached). Variable and attribute.

Attachments

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
I

Ingo1966

Hello Hirstyuk,

welcome to Elsmar,

I could not check you attribute MSA Excel sheet because the Reference Cell is protected.

The Gage R&R Excel sheet refers to the Average and Range Method Calculation. (TV and Tol)
But it is o.k. as it is still acc. AIAG MSA 4th.
I have checked it with Software Calibration Data (Ford).

ANOVA is the prefered Gage R&R Calculation attached you will find my Excel Gage R&R acc. AIAG MSA 4th which also reflects the different Situation of your Sample.

Attachments

F

filipo

Hello Hirstyuk,

welcome to Elsmar,

I could not check you attribute MSA Excel sheet because the Reference Cell is protected.

The Gage R&R Excel sheet refers to the Average and Range Method Calculation. (TV and Tol)
But it is o.k. as it is still acc. AIAG MSA 4th.
I have checked it with Software Calibration Data (Ford).

ANOVA is the prefered Gage R&R Calculation attached you will find my Excel Gage R&R acc. AIAG MSA 4th which also reflects the different Situation of your Sample.
Hi!

Can You please help me with my GAGE r&r with ANOVA table sheet? I dont know if it is correct, so if I can send you on your private e-mail.. I can't attach it, because some kind of problem with internet connection. Please reply to me,because it is very important to me. Also, I would like to ask if you have some GAGE r&r table with ANOVA that works fine.
And, if You can comment and explain why my gage r&r result is not ok?
And why, when I type every value the same(for example 270,42), my gage is not ok??
so,send me your private mail so I can send You my gage table.

Best regards

I

Ingo1966

Hi Filipo

download my attached ANOVA Gage R&R Excel Sheet put your data in the correct sheet depending on the Gage use and Sample Part Situation.

You can also put very easy your data's here in the Forum so me or other MSA Experts can have a look to your data's.

Is the Gage used for Product Control or for Process Control ?

Regards Ingo

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
Hi!

Can You please help me with my GAGE r&r with ANOVA table sheet? I dont know if it is correct, so if I can send you on your private e-mail.. I can't attach it, because some kind of problem with internet connection. Please reply to me,because it is very important to me. Also, I would like to ask if you have some GAGE r&r table with ANOVA that works fine.
And, if You can comment and explain why my gage r&r result is not ok?
And why, when I type every value the same(for example 270,42), my gage is not ok??
so,send me your private mail so I can send You my gage table.

Best regards
Your issue is addressed in this thread. :agree1:

Stijloor.

H

Hirstyuk

Thanks for all your reply's, I have been thinking about using our Minitab version 14 software also but don't know if it is updated to the 4th addition. does anybody know? thanks in advance.

H

Hirstyuk

Is Minitab version 14 OK to MSA Fourth Edition

Hi Does anybody know if Minitab version 14 is okay to MSA fourth edition manual???

Thanks

A

Allattar

Cant see why not.

You can choose between the ANOVA and XBar-R methods of analysis, you can input tolerance ranges and historical standard deviations.

Previously in Minitab 12 the study variable was multiplied by 5.15 as per the AIAG standards at the time.

Since Minitab 13 it has been 6, again to match AIAG standards.

K

kcinala

Hello Ingo / All
We have some new personnel in positions requiring MSA Study input and analysis to be performed. We are looking for a workbook like the one you have downloaded to allow our team members to become actively involved with the process without a lot of confusion. I have entered data into GRR-Situation 3 for a micrometer used to measure material thickness on raw material and finished parts.

Can you review and advise if the data has been correctly entered?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
kcinala

Attachments

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M MSA Study Type 1 not capable. We are at the limit. And manufacturing wants to continue producing. Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
P MSA study for visual system with artifical inteligence Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
T Correct MSA study for an automated camera system which makes attribute inspection Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
N MSA Study for a Leak Testing Device Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
D Do I need part variation while doing Destructive Variable Gage R&R MSA study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 19
Prashant G MSA Study - AS 9100 and and our customer want us to do MSA study for their parts dimension Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 4
E MSA Study on MTS dynamic rate measurements Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
C Do Calibration Reference Standards require an MSA study? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
O MSA Study for a steel ruler Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
S Conducting an MSA study for ICT(HP3070) and Functional Testing Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
S MSA Study Requirements for Control Plans FMEA and Control Plans 5
B Doing MSA Variables Data Study on Threads Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
B Conflict between department of MSA and Capability Study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
B How to select parts for a MSA Study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 19
V MSA Attribute Data Analysis Study IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
C Help with my first MSA Study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
Manix MSA - How to Approach a Gauge R&R Go/NoGo Attribute Study Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
Q Need help on MSA study on a torque analyzer Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
SATHYABALARAMAN MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) Study plan Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
B Meaningful MSA Study on Viscosity Measuring Equipment IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 14
M MSA 4 - Results of GR&R Study using Range & Average Method Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
I Interpretation of MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) Linearity and Bias Study Results Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
A Need help with a Kappa Study (MSA) - Reviewing x-ray Images Six Sigma 11
J Minor NC - No MSA study on Tensile Tester IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
G Ford - Type 1 Gage Study MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) acceptable? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
L How to do an MSA Study on Stopwatches Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
E MSA (Measurement System Analysis) Study on an Automated Process Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 4
kedarg6500 Bias Study-Finding degree of freedom-P 92 of MSA manual 4th Ed. Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
V Excel Templates for MSA Study as per 4th Edition Manual Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 11
C What is the most appropriate MSA (Measurement System Analysis) Study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
Rameshwar25 Acceptance Criteria for Attribute MSA Study Effectiveness Summary Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
D ANOVA vs. X bar & R - MSA Study in Mintab - Which to use and why? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
A Yearly MSA (Measurement System Analysis) & Capability Study - TS 16949 Requirements Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
R X Bar R chart - Interpretation in MSA study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
C Starting an MSA study - How to decide which is appropriate or required Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
T Bias Study - Use of 't' statistic - Page 88 item 8 of v4 of the MSA manual Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
B NDC relates which type of MSA Study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 16
E Bias Study - How can I calculate significant 't' value? Page 87-90 of MSA manual Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 18
J Sampling Method for Stability Study - Implementing MSA Study on Testers Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 9
N Sample Selection for MSA Study - Entire range of the Tolerance? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
Miner Intro to MSA of Continuous Data – Part 7: R&R using Wheeler’s Honest Gage Study Imported Legacy Blogs 17
D Ford MSA - Ford TYPE 1 study on a Marposs post process gauge Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
V MSA (Measurement System Analysis) Doubt on Analytic Method (Attribute Study) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
N Basic MSA - A simple way to complete an MSA study on Dial Calipers Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
P MSA Study Types - How to make an informed decision about a gauge Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 18
B MSA (Gage R&R) vs. Capability Cpk Study - Helium Leak Check Station Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
D Cpk and MSA study for Chemical Production Line Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 4
B MSA Study on Test Rig Constraints - Destructive, Long Duration Tests Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
S TS 16949 MSA Study Requirements - MSA Studies by Family Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
H When to conduct a MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5