Is my Partial FAI an Assembly or Detail?

NDesouza

Involved In Discussions
I have questions about how to tell if a partial FAI is an Assembly or a Detail FAI and what are the requirements for form 1, 2 & 3 for each type of partial FAI.
I have a Partial that is for a length change only (on a cable assembly) The baseline part number is the same as the FAI part number except for the last 4 digits. According to the drawing, the last 4 digits are to indicate the cable length only. I don't really know the differences between the 2 types of partial FAIs. Can someone tell me if we need to fill in boxes 13-18 on form one?

confused:blowup:

outdoorsNW

Quite Involved in Discussions
Based on the description, assuming the cable has connectors on the end (as opposed to cable referring to a multiple wires that come from the supplier in one jacket without connectors) the cable is an assy. Therefore a partial assembly FAI seems appropriate. Since there are sometimes multiple interpretations of a requirement possible, and sometimes customers want something that is clearly different that the written standard, you may want to check with your customer to understand what the customer expects.

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
^^I agree. In all cases of partial FAIs due to one or two small changes, I always ask my customer source inspector how they want it. Every one of them gives me a different answer. :confused:

Top Bottom