Is Positive Recall applicable in ISO 9000:2000?

V

venkat

In ISO 9000:1994 there was a provision for positive recall ( I think in clause 4.10.3.2)

I would like to know whether this is applicable in ISO 9000:2000

Can I have the views of others please

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
E

energy

Venkat

I'm not sure about the term "positive recall" but Q9001:2000 states in 8.3 Control of Nonconforming Product the following: When nonconforming product is detected after delivery or use has started, the organization shall take action appropriate to the effects, or potential effects, of the nonconformity." Hope this helps.

energy

[This message has been edited by energy (edited 07 June 2001).]

V

venkat

This pertains to customer supplied product which is taken up for processing eg.raw material. This need to be tested before processing. In case of positive recall this cane be taken up for processing and positively identified in case if it does not conform to the requirements. As of now I am not sure of the ISO 9000:1994 clause which uses the word "positive recall". I shall check and post it later

Comments from others please

E Wall

Just Me!
Super Moderator
I'm presuming that Positive Recall = Positive identification in case of recall.

ISO 9001:1994 4.10.2.3 "Where incoming product is released for urgent production purposes prior to verification, it shall be positively identified and recorded in order to permit immediate recall and replacement in the event of nonconformity to specified requirements."

Per the matrix in Q9001-2000 (Table B.1) the applicable clause is now 8.2.4; which does not have the same requirement. Other clause areas that apply to 1994 4.10 element are 7.1, 7.4.3, 7.5.1, and 8.2.3 (this from matrix provided in "ISO 9000:2000 In a Nutshell" by Jeanne Ketola and Kathy Roberts).

[This message has been edited by E Wall (edited 13 June 2001).]

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Is Positive Recall for in-process Product allowed in AS9100 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
B Are Parts in a Positive Recall w/o Customer Complaint considered as External PPM? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 6
K What does "positive-recall procedures" mean? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
R Is positive recall acceptable under ISO/TS 16949 : 2002 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
H Positive Recall - How it should work in a small job shop - 7.4.3 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
M Where did 4.10.2.3 - Positive Recall - At Risk - go? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
P Definition Positive (Immediate) Recall - The ability to trace items forward and backward Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 14
D ISO Urgent Release Issue - Positive Recall ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
R Opportunity For Improvement vs Opportunity (Positive Risk) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
Sidney Vianna IAQG SCMH explains "positive risk"..........but does it? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
Ed Panek User Feedback both negative and positive and acting upon those metrics 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
Ed Panek Requirement to track and trend positive feedback from customers ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 12
S Which non Salmonella organisms show positive in Wellcolex? Test kit ? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
G Positive Impacts in regards to ISO 14001 Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
K Customer Audit - Just a positive rant really General Auditing Discussions 2
D Attribute Agreement Analysis - MSA - False Negative/Positive IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
K More Positive Internal Auditing - Would This Work? Internal Auditing 8
J Positive Control of Non Conforming Material at Machines AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
J Webinar: Positive Changes in Workplace Culture The Reading Room 0
P Tips on how to test air and improve air quality - What is a Positive Air? Food Safety Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 3
J Positive Corrective Action - 3 parts found out of 20,000 pcs 9 months after delivery Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 33
Wes Bucey How about something positive and uplifting? Career and Occupation Discussions 2
A Is the normal Cpk calculation applicable for data with positive & negative values? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 4
A Root Cause Analysis - Whether one can do RCA for Positive Findings Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 19
A Positive Performance Indicator (PPI) for Energy/Utilities organization ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
S Satisfaction scales - positive to negative or negative to positive Benchmarking 6
Marc Belkin is paying for positive Web reviews After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 7
J Do you write positive comments in audit reports General Auditing Discussions 74
W I think there needs to be more emphasis on the positive value of controls General Auditing Discussions 0
A Positive Control of in-process nonconforming parts until rendered physically unusable Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
S ISO 26000 standard on Social Responsibility reaches positive turning point World News 4
I ISO 9001:2000 Windfall - Yes, ISO 9001:2000 has had a very positive impact ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
A I'm positive - Two atoms are walking down the sidewalk Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 1
Marc What has the ASQ done for you? ('Positive' posts ONLY) ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 16
A Positive Trend - Rejections and Customer Complaints - What to do? Customer Complaints 6
V Does preventive maintenance have any positive effect on smart transmitters? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
R Product Recall - medical devices in the hospital warehouse Canada Medical Device Regulations 2
J Mislabeling - Consider this an FDA notified recall? CFR 806.10 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
A Recall/Adverse event report procedures in Kuwait/Qatar/Kenya Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 3
shimonv Recall - Is there a European regulation for recalls of products EU Medical Device Regulations 3
M Informational The FDA Takes Action to Protect Patients from Risk of Certain Textured Breast Implants; Requests Allergan Voluntarily Recall Certain Breast Implants a Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
S 21 CFR 810 - Medical Device Recall Authority - Contract Manufacturing Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
I Japanese medical device recall requirements & procedure for foreign manufacturers Japan Medical Device Regulations 4
J Recall Effectiveness - Accessory to Medical Devices shipped through Distributors Customer Complaints 3
J Health Canada Field Action/Recall MDR Requirements Canada Medical Device Regulations 9
chris1price Is there a regulatory (MDD, MDR, FDA, ISO, etc) requirement to perform a mock recall? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
B Health Canada Recall Definition - Seeking Clarification Canada Medical Device Regulations 5
J Calibration Recall - Lost Gages procedure example wanted General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
B Do Software Upgrades Fall Under the Definition of Recall per SOR/98-202? Canada Medical Device Regulations 4
Q Open Medical Device Recall: Are there consequences? Other US Medical Device Regulations 1