Is RoHs requirement in China Enforced?

Q

QUALITYTRAINER

Before looking at the costs associated with complying with the fairly restrictive format of the China requirements for RoHs, I wanted to ask the Elsmar Cove Community 'Is this really enforced in China of is compliance to the EU requirements adequate?'.

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
Before looking at the costs associated with complying with the fairly restrictive format of the China requirements for RoHs, I wanted to ask the Elsmar Cove Community 'Is this really enforced in China of is compliance to the EU requirements adequate?'.

Yes, it is implemented with effect from Jan 1, 2011.

Here is the official Chinese text - http://www.gov.cn/zwgk/2009-03/04/content_1250419.htm and the translated text could be found here - http://www.chinarohs.com/chinaweee-decree551.pdf

Disclaimer : The translated text is obtained from the web and I have no connection with DCA.

Q

QUALITYTRAINER

Treesei,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I realized later that it might have come across as a non-PC question, but in reading the China RoHs requirements they seemed to impose a need to have more resources to just meet the inquiries.

I'm just starting to dig into the detail though.

Thanks Again!

:thanx:

T

treesei

Qualitytrainer,

You are very much welcome. Every question posted in this wonderful community is meaningful and treasured because it inspires people in all possible ways.

Indeed some extra resources will be added. The company I work for started to follow China RoHS since 2007 when phase 1 was implemented. After the normal climbing the initial learning curve and resource allocation, we are doing fine now. I am sure in addition to the recovery regulation Ajit kindly provided you also have the phase 1 labeling requirement ("pollution control"). The Chinese MII also has a Q&A for labeing requirement which I found useful but can no longer find from their website.

Good luck! If China is your market, you will be there!

Top Bottom