Is SPC data For Special Characteristics always required? TS 16949 clause 8.1

bkirch

Involved In Discussions
For the T.S. clause 8.1.1, it it stated that "Appropriate statistical tools for each process shall be determined during advance quality planning and included in the control plan."

My question is that for special characteristics, is SPC data always required per T.S. requirements, or is it always per customer requirements?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Chennaiite

Never-say-die
Trusted Information Resource
For the T.S. clause 8.1.1, it it stated that "Appropriate statistical tools for each process shall be determined during advance quality planning and included in the control plan."

My question is that for special characteristics, is SPC data always required per T.S. requirements, or is it always per customer requirements?
The verbatim you rightly quoted from ISO/TS 8.1.1 doesn't say so i.e. SPC-for-Special characteristics. It leaves to the judgment during Design and Development process, whether or not to adopt SPC for special characteristics control. In other words, it is triggered by the likes of FMEA and Control plan in addition to Customer requirements, if any. I wouldn't resort to the policy of 'always per Customer requirements'.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L SPC - Methods to collect data IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
M SPC with many data points from one dimension Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 16
Q Mixed data collection (SPC) for different mold cavities Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
I SPC on Cyclic Data Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 10
E SPC data from multiple Excel files Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
M SPC - What Data do I Collect? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
P Change the way you think about SPC - Automatic Data Collection Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
D IMR (Individuals and Moving Range) Chart for Short-Run SPC - How much data to include Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
L Moving SPC Data from Variables to an Attributes Chart Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
P SPC Data Collection and Control Chart Type question Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
K Almost embarrassed to ask... SPC UCL/Data Range Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 4
Q How to determine the average baseline for the following data in SPC Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 3
F SPC Data Analysis - Excel Spreadsheet I can use for Diameters and Perpendicularity Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 6
A Best Way for SPC via Optical Comparator with output to Computer for Data Analysis Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
Hami812 Collecting Data for SPC Control Charting Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 7
D SPC Software that will satisfy auto/furniture data submissions - Opinions wanted Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 5
O SPC Statistical Process Control with All data Using Minitab Software 4
C Collecting SPC Data Electronically? CNC Lathes, CNC Mills and CNC Grinders Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
T SPC Data - Autocorrelation - How do I interpret this result? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 17
J Online Monitoring of SPC Data and Charts in Real Time Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 12
Z SPC Data presentation - The best way to present histograms in a dashboard format Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 14
M Time frequency estimation for SPC data collection Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 9
T Monthly SPC original data sheets - What should be done with the reports? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 9
S SPC (Statistical Process Control) - I have data, now what? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 14
B New to Minitab - What Data to use for SPC? Using Minitab Software 3
C SPC: How to set up control limits on SPC chart based on historical data? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 7
M Cpk for attribute data? Performing SPC on capacitors - Capacitance measurement Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 9
L Beginning SPC data collection: Metal Stamping Company - Need some advice Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 14
C SPC for calibration check data? Daily gram scales check - What is acceptable? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
L Portable SPC Data Collectors and Industrial 'Hardened' Computers Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 12
M Predictive Maintenance vs SPC (Statistical Process Control) Data Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
W Falsifying SPC Data - What type of disciplinary action would you take Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 13
A Non-normal Distributions in SPC - How do I Normalize Data? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 55
S SPC - Go/No Go Sampling - Attribute Data Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
earl62 What is the best way to control special characteristics in Control plan? Is it Mandatory to have SPC for IATF 16949? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
J SPC - Stamping parts - Small batch size Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
T Attributes SPC study - Attributive control (Go gage) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
S Anyone Familiar with "SPC for Excel" add-in? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
G Assignable cause/corrective action list for SPC Software Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
H SPC for special characteristics - CSR - Control of SC and CC Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
J Determining SPC tolerance Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 21
Marc Steve Prevette's Statistical Process Control (SPC) "Library" Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 0
A SPC for Eddy Current Testing Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 28
S SPC (Statistical Process Control) for Unilateral Tolerance - Questions Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
Proud Liberal Informational Use of Classical SPC in Precision Machining Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 9
J Recommendations on Inspection/SPC Software Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
Q Real Time Electronic SPC/Control Charting Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
Rameshwar25 Other types of Control Charts described in Chapter II of SPC Manual Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
A Electric terminal crimping machines - Is SPC appropriate for this process? Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
J Properly understanding SPC - Newbie SPC questions Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 29