Is SPC data For Special Characteristics always required? TS 16949 clause 8.1

bkirch

Involved In Discussions
For the T.S. clause 8.1.1, it it stated that "Appropriate statistical tools for each process shall be determined during advance quality planning and included in the control plan."

My question is that for special characteristics, is SPC data always required per T.S. requirements, or is it always per customer requirements?

Chennaiite

Never-say-die
Trusted Information Resource
For the T.S. clause 8.1.1, it it stated that "Appropriate statistical tools for each process shall be determined during advance quality planning and included in the control plan."

My question is that for special characteristics, is SPC data always required per T.S. requirements, or is it always per customer requirements?

The verbatim you rightly quoted from ISO/TS 8.1.1 doesn't say so i.e. SPC-for-Special characteristics. It leaves to the judgment during Design and Development process, whether or not to adopt SPC for special characteristics control. In other words, it is triggered by the likes of FMEA and Control plan in addition to Customer requirements, if any. I wouldn't resort to the policy of 'always per Customer requirements'.

Top Bottom