Is the AIAG's Automotive Semiconductor Supplement Obsolete??

W

wcsf - 2008

Is it confirm that the Semicon Sup is obsolete as per the IATF webpage?? What will happen to those Semicon company, and those who has certified with it?

Regards

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
S

SilverHawk

Deleted

Semicon Specific Requirements was deleted from IATF book! After all this requirement was not developed by ITAF but the Semi Con group. Do you expect IATF to accept it????

V

vanputten

IATF Feedback

I just spoke directly with the IATF. The Semiconductor Supplement to TS 16949 is alive and well. It is a recognized document by the IATF/IAOB. Chrysler does not require/recognize this supplement but all other automotive customers can and most do.

Also, the "Checklist to ISO/TS 16949" is now obsolete. There is a sactioned interpretation onthe website clarifying this news. THE IATF wants us to use the process approach and not to audit by a list or requirements.

S

SilverHawk

Dirk, pls. check out the IAOB website and you will find out that the word, deleted was used for Semi Conductor Requirements. If the guy at IATF say so, then it is the mistake of IAOB. BTW did you speak the the guy at IATF or IAOB or AIAG??? Just wondering who is at IATF????

V

vanputten

I Did

I did check out the IAOB webesite which is why I called the IATF. Actually, I called them over a month ago when I saw the Semiconductor Supplement listed as obsolete. I was so happy. Unfortunately this is a typo. It is suppose to say that Chrysler has obsoleted the Semiconductor Supplement as a Chrysler requirement. According to the IATF, the suplement still applies to those that supply to all other automotive manufacturers.

Note that the IAOB website is now updated to show that Chrysler obsoleted the supplement. I think this a case that... you cannot always beleive what you read.

V

vanputten

Joint Office

Forgot to add that in the US, the IATF Oversight office is the IAOB. And included within the IATF is the AIAG. Thay have a joint office. In the US, when you call the IATF you are also calling the IAOB and the AIAG. I beleive that one call does it all.

"IATF members include the following vehicle manufacturers: BMW, DaimlerChrysler, Fiat, Ford Motor Company, General Motors (including Opel Vauxhall), PSA Peugeot-Citroen, Renault SA, Volkswagen and their respective trade associations - AIAG (U.S.), ANFIA (Italy), FIEV (France), SMMT (U.K.) AND VDA (Germany)."

US IATF Oversight Office:

IAOB
International Automotive Oversight Bureau
26200 Lahser Road, Suite 320
Southfield Michigan 48034
USA
Tel : 1 248 799 3939
Fax : 1 248 799 3943
E-mail : [email protected]
Site : www.iaob.org

S

SilverHawk

Thanks, Dick.

For your explanation, it means that only Chrysler has deleted the Semi Conductor Requirements.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Staff member
Admin
vanputten said:
There is a sactioned interpretation onthe website clarifying this news.
Anyone have a direct link?
vanputten said:
Forgot to add that in the US, the IATF Oversight office is the IAOB. And included within the IATF is the AIAG. Thay have a joint office. In the US, when you call the IATF you are also calling the IAOB and the AIAG. I beleive that one call does it all.
Imagine that... :rolleyes:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M AIAG Automotive Documents in Spanish IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
S Inter-Relationships of APQP and other AIAG Automotive Manuals (e.g. SPC) APQP and PPAP 2
M Automotive Reference AIAG's THE-7 Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 4
W Does ISO 9001:2000 require the use of AIAG (automotive) APQP, PPAP, etc. Manuals? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
C AIAG Crisis Management - Automotive Suppliers Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 0
Sonja D AIAG VDA PFMEA and Control Plan training FMEA and Control Plans 6
abrego44 AIAG PPAP manual for service part APQP and PPAP 2
OpExPro AIAG VDA FMEA Rating Tables FMEA and Control Plans 5
K RPN/ KC) per AIAG FMEA and Control Plans 0
OpExPro The note at the bottom of DFMEA occurrence tables in AIAG VDA FMEA FMEA and Control Plans 0
OpExPro AIAG VDA DFMEA Template Required FMEA and Control Plans 6
M "Issue & continuous improvement" columns in AIAG-VDA PFMEA form FMEA and Control Plans 4
C AIAG-VDA PFMEA - 1st special Characteristics? [5step vs. 6step] FMEA and Control Plans 3
Anerol C Gage R&R Template AIAG 4th Edition IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
J Which OEM or customers are now requiring the new AIAG/VDA FMEA format? FMEA and Control Plans 6
C AIAG/VDA FMEA - Is the new better? FMEA and Control Plans 0
A PFMEA new AIAG FMEA and Control Plans 0
P VDA AIAG FMEA - Slides for Quality Audience FMEA and Control Plans 4
B AIAG/VDA’s FMEA Manual Is a Major Advance (my take on this subject) FMEA and Control Plans 2
B AIAG-VDA FMEA - When the new format will be required FMEA and Control Plans 5
M How to complete structure Analysis and Function analysis sections' columns of AIAG-VDA DFMEA form FMEA and Control Plans 0
bobdoering Informational New AIAG PFMEA Process - Excel Template Attached FMEA and Control Plans 23
C FMEA Process assessment In the Draft for the AIAG/VDA FMEA Manual is gone FMEA and Control Plans 0
S AIAG CQI Auditor Qualification and 3rd Party Certification Requirements General Auditing Discussions 2
K AIAG/VDA FMEA & Process Control Plans FMEA and Control Plans 0
D FMEA-MSR in the AIAG-VDA Aligned Handbook - What is it? FMEA and Control Plans 5
bobdoering AIAG VDA FMEA Handbook - 2019 - something familiar about this.... FMEA and Control Plans 37
S New AIAG FMEA Process - How to complete the new format FMEA and Control Plans 32
C Detection Action for Failure Effects - AIAG 4th Edition Layout FMEA and Control Plans 5
S I have just purchased the all new Core Tools Software (CTS) from AIAG IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 39
J AIAG PPAP: 2.2.11.3 Acceptance Criteria for Initial Study (page 9, 4th edition) APQP and PPAP 1
M Is there a published List of AIAG members requiring IATF certification ? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
A The FILE recommended by AIAG MSA 4ed for LINEARITY Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
I AIAG 2018 Quality Summit - Is it worth it? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
C AIAG's IATF 16949 section 7.1.5.1.1 - Torque MSA Requirement Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 10
G AIAG FMEA - Major customers of the FMEA process FMEA and Control Plans 3
R Information on the roll out of the new harmonized DRAFT FMEA AIAG/VDA manual IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
G ANOVA GR&R: Minitab vs AIAG MSA results Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
H Prerequisites for AIAG APQP/PPAP Certification Exam Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
xfngrs What are the VDA equivalents to AIAG manuals? VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 1
Marc When will Revision 5 of the AIAG FMEA Manual be released? FMEA and Control Plans 93
S Pre-release version of the upcoming AIAG FMEA Revision 5 FMEA and Control Plans 1
C PPAP Rejection for "MSA-GR&R are not using the latest AIAG format" APQP and PPAP 9
kedarg6500 Excel Spreadsheet for AIAG Example wanted Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 3
N AIAG 4th ed. FMEA Manual "Fit" Changed to "Appearance" - Fit severity? FMEA and Control Plans 2
G AIAG CQI-Audits and Auditor Training ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 3
Z Failure Mode Identification in PFMEA according to AIAG FMEA Rev.4 FMEA and Control Plans 6
B New to Metrology and told to complete Gage R&R with AIAG compliant software Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 16
M Where to buy AIAG Manuals ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 2
S Service Parts PPAP AIAG Manual - Opinions APQP and PPAP 4