Is the calibration due date of equipment used to be on calibration certificate

greif

Involved In Discussions
I see that most (all) 17025 companies have the cal due date listed for the equipment they used to do the calibration. But I am not seeing where this is a requirement of 17025. Am I just not seeing it?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
That's how they get repeat business. :) We have a bunch of surface plates on a 5 year schedule. Every time they do them, they indicate the "due date" for next year.

Eredhel

Quality Manager
I've run into that. At another shop we had a huge surface plate that was older. We went ahead and had it done immediately and then a year later. There was zero difference so I had them put 2 years on it. They pushed back but did it. When they came back for the 2 year it checked out great again so I had them put 5 years on it. They really pushed back, but in the end they complied.

greif

Involved In Discussions
Guys---NO! Not the recal date of the customers part--- does my 17025 report to the customer need to state the recal date of my equipment used for calibrating the customer part?

17025 states specifically that the calibration lab should not specify a recal date (for the customer part) unless the customer requests it.

try2makeit

Quite Involved in Discussions
Why wouldn't you want a sticker with the date on them? Ours have the gage number and the due date for the next calibration on them. Every auditor that has audited us, has always looked for a sticker with a date on a caliper, a tape measure or a scale. I don't see why this is an issue. If it is because of the frequency, you determine the frequency. Plate gets calibrated every 5 years - so the PO to the calibration lab should say..5 year interval.

Last edited:

Eredhel

Quality Manager
I should say they pushed back because they wanted to do it yearly. Not because of putting a date on it. Sorry I jumped in with an off topic thing.

try2makeit

Quite Involved in Discussions
I should say they pushed back because they wanted to do it yearly. Not because of putting a date on it. Sorry I jumped in with an off topic thing.
You the Customer determine the calibration frequency. If it is a gage used daily - every year, a plate or scale used 1-2 times a year - every other year or a 5 year interval whatever you set.

Al Rosen

Holed-up in a Hotel in South Florida
Staff member
Super Moderator
The calibration due date/frequency should be based on the calibration history. If the as found condition is always within tolerance the cal frequency can be decreased and if the as found condition is OOT the frequency should be increased.

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
Guys---NO! Not the recal date of the customers part--- does my 17025 report to the customer need to state the recal date of my equipment used for calibrating the customer part?

17025 states specifically that the calibration lab should not specify a recal date (for the customer part) unless the customer requests it.
Well reading is a skill. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
X When a Gage is past the Calibration Due Date General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
S No Calibration Due Date on a Calibration Certificate unless requested by a customer? Calibration Frequency (Interval) 9
A Calibration Requirements after Exceeding the Calibration Due Date General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
M Done date & due date on calibration stickers General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 12
G Calibration grace period after due date Calibration Frequency (Interval) 14
H How to get the Calibration Due Date? Calibration Certificates Calibration Frequency (Interval) 11
D Extension of Measurement Device Calibration Due Date. AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 12
Wayne Never put an Expiration (Due) Date on a Calibration Certificate Calibration Frequency (Interval) 41
D Late calibration (Calibration Past Due Date) - What do I do now? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 32
M Can Calibration Due Date start upon issuance of the device to production General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 11
R Calibration Cycle: Calibrate When Issued OR Calibrate by Due Date? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
S Calibration Due Date - How can I word my procedure? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 38
G Informational Is Past due calibration a non-conformance if tagged "Do Not Use"? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
J AS9100D Clause Brain Fade - Tool was past due for Calibration AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 11
G Example of Calibration Due Reminders to Leads, Managers & Directors General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
W Calibration Recall or Due Dates - Latitude Calibration Frequency (Interval) 14
T Calibration Laboratory Temperature/Humidity goes out of tolerance due to Power Loss General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
N Auto email reminder sent to customer - Calibration Due Notices Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 5
E Possible escapes due to caliper out of calibration Calibration Frequency (Interval) 4
K Attaching calibration due dates to gages - Sloppy technicians IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 17
M Calibration is due, but the tool has not been used. Calibration Frequency (Interval) 11
D Validity of ISO 17025 calibration waivers due to proprietary procedures ISO 17025 related Discussions 4
P Calibration Stickers or Other Methods of Identifying when Gages are Due? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 32
B Photovoltaic Tester Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
B Temperature loop: partial calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 10
G Glass scale calibration at 74 degrees F? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
A Digital Timer Calibration Requirements General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
Ron Rompen Barcode Verifier Calibration and Use Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 4
S Is Optical Parallel Set required calibration? ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
A Calibration of Power Supplies AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
D Calibration Process Flow Map Example Wanted General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
M Calibration or Verification? What terminology to use ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
N Calibration Requirements for Production Equipment ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
S Calibration Equipment Selection General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
D Sample Calibration SOP for ISO 13485 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
L Calibration of Plug Gauges - Tolerancing General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
L In house calibration - Our CMM's are outside certified can I use them to certify our standards General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
R Standard Filter for Calibration Colorimeter ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
J Documenting a Calibration Interval Extension Calibration Frequency (Interval) 7
F Calibration certificate content - Average Value and True Value ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
B Oscilloscope - AC gain calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
G Is it common to do a repeatability check during calibration of an instrument? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
A Adjustment of Calibration Intervals (Shortening or Lengthen) Calibration Frequency (Interval) 6
A Calibration required by OEM General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
S ISO17020 - Equipment calibration requirement General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
H Can a calibration lab still use ISO 6789:2003 as guide for torque calibrations Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
H Calibration of InfraRan Vapor Analyzer - where to get calibration for SF6 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
M How to read a calibration certificate for thermo hygrometer General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
L Calibration Frequency for Surftest SJ-400 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
C External Laboratories and OEM Calibration IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0