Is the next revision of ISO 15378 following the High Level Structure?

paulag

Involved In Discussions
Sorry, wrong thread, I know... but I just can't figure out how to start a new one. Button missing?!

But, the question I actually wanted to ask is - does anyone know whether ISO 15378 is going to change to ISO 9001's high level structure during next revision, or will it stuck to the good old 8 chapter style, like ISO 13485 did?

Thanks, and have a great day!

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Staff member
Re: ISO 15378 high level structure

Hi,

I've spun off your post into a new thread, I hope you like the title I chose... To start a new thread you can go to the forum of your choice, then look for the green "New Thread" button at the top left hand area of the page.

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your Q.

Cheers,
Ronen.

Last edited:

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin
Re: ISO 15378 high level structure

But, the question I actually wanted to ask is - does anyone know whether ISO 15378 is going to change to ISO 9001's high level structure during next revision, or will it stuck to the good old 8 chapter style, like ISO 13485 did
According to the ISO website, ISO 15378 was last revised in 2015 and you can preview the standard here.

The last revision did not follow the High Level Structure.

But, wait. There is more. The standard is undergoing another round of revision and the DIS of the next revision is also available for preview. The next revision does follow the HLS.

paulag

Involved In Discussions
Thanks to everyone!

So I should better wait with implementing ISO 15378... Standards should have a minimum durability!!! Two revisions in two years are too much, when you also have the new ISO 13485 and EU Medical Device Regulation to cope with...

But it keeps us busy :rolleyes:

zac2944

Involved In Discussions
Looks like the new version of this standard with the new high level structure is still in draft. Anyone know when this new version is expected to be released?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B The next (5th) revision of ISO 9001 - When available? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
K Status of ISO 17025 (Next Revision, Which Committee does it?) ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
A Any news about the next ISO 9001 revision? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
P Next Revisions to ISO 9001 - 2008 Addendum - 2010 Revision ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 45
M When will the next major revision of ISO 9001:2000 come out? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
M Record Retention - Obsolete revisions shall be maintained until the next revision Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 24
Y ASQ CQE and CSSGB; What next? Career and Occupation Discussions 1
M What to Expect from Next IEC 60601-1 and IEC 60601-1-2 Amendments? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 7
Sidney Vianna Interesting Discussion ISO 9001:2024 - What should be changed in the next Edition of ISO 9001? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 82
M Informational EU – Next Notified Body designated to the MDR 2017/475 is IMQ S.p.A from Italy Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational Next meeting of the Medical Device Coordination Group (MDR/IVDR) – 20 June 2019 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
D Necessity of external watchdog next to internal watchdog ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 1
C Acquiring an IATF 16949 Certified Company - What happens at the next audit? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
K Everybody ready for round 2? Our next audit is in late January IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
B Interview Presentation for Quality Engineer Role Next Week! Career and Occupation Discussions 21
B I have CSBB Cert - CQE vs. CMQ/OE next? Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
qualprod Risk closeout , mitigation was not effective, next? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
A Passed the AATT Exam - What come comes next? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
F Supplier Audits - Creative ways to gain confidence in the next Supplier Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
Q Passed ASQ Certified Quality Process Analyst Exam! What next? Professional Certifications and Degrees 7
I What are considered next generation ITSM tools? IT (Information Technology) Service Management 1
rob73 New MDD (European Medical Device Regulations) next steps - 2016 EU Medical Device Regulations 1
L Where next? Thinking outside the QMS box Career and Occupation Discussions 9
C Quality Assurance Manager ? Next Steps? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 10
B Chi-square test - What do I do next? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
S QSB+ revoked - Notify registrar, what's next? Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
hogheavenfarm Suggestions for next Professional Certification Professional Certifications and Degrees 11
S What are the next steps after providing response to FDA 483 ? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 7
P Do CQE exam questions repeat in next exams? Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
B Anyone Attending OTC next week in Houston? (Offshore Technology Confernce) Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 0
T FDA Form 483 Warning Letter - What next? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 7
S Delegation of Response to Next Level ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
K Building Heavy Pollution Factory next to Medical Device Factory (ISO 13485) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
S Update from Australia and NZ regulatory bodies - ANZTPA in next 5 years Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
W ISO 9001 Certified - Active Six Sigma - What Next? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 25
F Career Problem - Industrial design, QA, what next? Career and Occupation Discussions 5
Michael Malis FDA final version of Strategic Priorities for the next 5 years US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
2 Next Version of ISO 27001 and Likely Areas with Changes? IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 7
somashekar Supply Chain Oversight is the FDA's Next Area of Concern Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
F What's the next step after failing an AQL? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
E What's next after all the certificates and awards? (e.g.: ISO 9001, ISO 1400, etc.) Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 1
K Procedures and Quality Manual written - Where next? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
L Calibration - Buying New Tools - How do you determine the next calibration date? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 12
xcanals_tecno-med.es MDD 93/42 as amended by dir 2007/47 in force next week (21 mars) EU Medical Device Regulations 2
N What sampling plan should I use for the next lot. Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
O Need to Create Macros so that it can copy data to the next row.... Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 5
C What is the next ISO 9001? 9001:2009 or 9001:2014 or? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
P PMA called for a class III-510(k)..what next? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
T What is the status of the next version of ISO 14001? ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 72
Wes Bucey If you get laid off this Friday, what's next? Career and Occupation Discussions 12