Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo Especially for content not in the forum
Such as files in the Cove "Members" Directory

Is there a need to notify your customers if your ISO 9001 certificate expires?

U-DOG

Starting to get Involved
Can you tell me if it is an ISO 9000 requirement to notify your customers if your ISO 9000 certification expires? Is that requirement for automotive standards only - such as TS? I am in the process of getting re-certified but my current certification was suspended by my Registrar due to not scheduling a surveillance audit within a 12 month period. One of my customer's supplier manuals indicates notification requirements for "ISO/TS" certification but does not mention ISO 9001. - thanks

P

Polly Pure Bread

Re: Contact the customer

It’s not a requirement. Just don’t claim or broadcast that your organization is an ISO 9001 certified if it’s not.

A

arin_23

Can you tell me if it is an ISO 9000 requirement to notify your customers if your ISO 9000 certification expires? Is that requirement for automotive standards only - such as TS? I am in the process of getting re-certified but my current certification was suspended by my Registrar due to not scheduling a surveillance audit within a 12 month period. One of my customer's supplier manuals indicates notification requirements for "ISO/TS" certification but does not mention ISO 9001. - thanks
As DQA suggested , it is not mandatory. But if it is required by your customer then IMHO it would be advisable to contact them by stating proper reasoning for the suspension. It is always advisable to keep a close track on the QA activities practiced in the organization (Including the first party and third party audits). In our organization we roll out an annual quality plan at the beigining of the Financial year and our top management reviews the achievements made against this plan in each MRM. If the quality plan is well set then there is little chances of missing the actual dates.

Regards,

Arin

S

sixsigmais

If the customer ask for this, then only you need to inform. ISO company request to have audit on thier approve vendor, they shall notice this during the audit time

Randy

Super Moderator
Can you tell me if it is an ISO 9000 requirement to notify your customers if your ISO 9000 certification expires?
I looked everywhere from 4.1 to 8.5.3 and couldn't find it. What does yours say?

I'll bet you really need to investigate why you have a QMS to begin with and most likely if you have a customer that requires you to have a 3rd party certificate then it might be polite to tell them when and if it expires.

I see some other issues in your original post, but I'll leave them for others to comment about.

A

amanbhai

we maintain multiple ISO certificates for inspections, quality and testing labs. Our customer requires those certifcate(s) for tenders etc. We provide them Certificate clearly shows certificate validity dates.:cool:

Top Bottom