Is there a requirement for Directors meetings as a supplement to management reviews?

L

Leigh66

Hello all, my 1st post.

Does a procedure in ISO 9000:2000 or TS16949 cover the need for Directors meetings as a supplement to managment reviews. And the need for these consequent minutes to be recorded.

The reason I am asking is that we are having a slight disagreement with our consultant over his interpretation of clause 5.1

T

Teri - 2011

We did not include ALL meeting that upper mgt. held when writing our TS procedure. It was an OFI. If you do it, why not take credit for it. As far as minutes, our auditors know that alot of confidential info is discussed, they never asked to see them, just a sign in sheet.

The Taz!

Quite Involved in Discussions
First of all, welcome to the Cove. . .

IMHO. . .There is no stated requirement for additional or supplemental meetings besides Management Review meetings, BUT if those supplemental meetings deal with outputs of the Management Review such as implementing improvements, acquiring need resources or training, modifying the Quality Policy Goals and Objectives, or the like, I highly recommend recording the minutes or at least decisions. They will satisfy needs of the Management Review process and provide evidence of actions to satisfy those needs which are requirements. :evidence:

Last edited:
R

Rob Nix

Welcome to the Cove, Leigh66. :bigwave:

Your consultant should communicate better with you. There is nothing in 5.1 that says you have to have any meeting at all, regardless of the name of the meeting. YOU simply have to explain to the consultant/auditor what YOU DO to prove you meet the requirements of 5.1. If "Director" meeting minutes accomplish that, then their point is valid. If you have another way of proving it, show them that.

As Taz says, if there are issues addressed in the "Director's Meetings" that cover requirements in 5.1 (and 5.6), and those meetings are part of your current system, then they are needed to verify conformity.

REMEMBER: A registrar auditor signs a confidentiality agreement, so everything stays in the building. The auditor will only want to know your "proofs", he/she will not read details (if you are concerned about that).

In short, the ISO/TS standard does not say "Director's Meetings shall be used to verify Management Commitment and Review", BUT, if that meeting's minutes supply proof of meeting the requirement, then YOUR OWN SYSTEM mandates their inclusion.

Good first post Leigh. Welcome to the Cove :bigwave:
Note: Knowing next to nothing about TS16949 i'll stick to ISO9001:2000 in my reply.

Rob Nix said:
There is nothing in 5.1 that says you have to have any meeting at all,
Exactly... Nor is there any such requirement in clause 5.6 which would be relevant if we're talking about supplements to the MR. Have a look at these old threads:

Can our daily operations meeting be considered as Management Review?
Management Review Frequency

Leigh66 said:
Does a procedure in ISO 9000:2000 or TS16949 cover the need for Directors meetings as a supplement to managment reviews. And the need for these consequent minutes to be recorded.
No, not to my knowledge. Where did that "Directors meetings" thingy come from anyway? As Taz & Rob said: if something in your local QMS requires you to have them you have compromized yourself, and all of the above falls flat.

/Claes

Last edited:

The Taz!

Besides. . .when it comes to Quality Assurance. . . isn't "Management Responsibility" an Oxymoron??

The Taz! said:
Besides. . .when it comes to Quality Assurance. . . isn't "Management Responsibility" an Oxymoron??
Ouch... Please Sir, control yourself. You're hurting my brains :lol: (and now that I've looked that up, I agree). Have mercy with us non native english speakers...:truce:

/Claes

Randy

Super Moderator
Who are you kidding Claes? I'll bet your real name is Clyde Greenberg or something like that...

I'll guarantee your English is betern than some of our'n are.

The Taz!

Randy said:
Who are you kidding Claes? I'll bet your real name is Clyde Greenberg or something like that...

Sho nuf! :mybad:

Randy said:
Thank's guys, :D but I still say that Taz got me good with that Oxymoron thing. Morons I knew about, but oxy...huh? Honestly, I really did have to look it up... ...and learned something new.

Ok, if anyone has more to add, back to the topic at hand.

:agree: /Clyde... er, Claes I mean

Last edited:
Top Bottom