SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

Is there a summary of changes from a withdrawn ISO standard to the current version

E

Ethan Loh

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask is there a summary of change(s) between a new ISO standard that is published and the withdrawn ISO standard.

The problem I am facing now is, there is a list of ISO standards quoted in my company Technical files for our CE marking medical devices.

So when a new standard is published, I will need to perform a gap analysis and try to find out what the new standard call for. That mean I got to read from page 1 to the last page of the standard.

After that I will pass the information to the design team or engineer team and try to ensure my company can comply with this standard before we quote in the ER checklist.

Any help is deeply appreciated.

Ethan

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
Re: Is there a summary of changes from a withdraw ISO standard to the current version

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask is there a summary of change(s) between a new ISO standard that is published and the withdrawn ISO standard.

The problem I am facing now is, there is a list of ISO standards quoted in my company Technical files for our CE marking medical devices.

So when a new standard is published, I will need to perform a gap analysis and try to find out what the new standard call for. That mean I got to read from page 1 to the last page of the standard.

After that I will pass the information to the design team or engineer team and try to ensure my company can comply with this standard before we quote in the ER checklist.

Any help is deeply appreciated.

Ethan
Can someone help Ethan?

Thank you!!

Stijloor.

Paul Simpson

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Is there a summary of changes from a withdraw ISO standard to the current version

Despite there being a requirement in ISO 9001 for:
c) to ensure that changes and the current revision status of documents are identified,
ISO doesn't follow that principle for its own standards. Your best bet is to get onto the relevant Technical Committee web site. So for example Medical Devices is TC 210 and they list standards covered here. All other TCs are mentioned in the relevant standard and you can do a search on ISO's web site.

Generally when a new standard is launched there is information on the change on the ISO web site and on those of the National Standards Body selling (!) the ISO. Here in the UK BSI normally gives a good overview of changes for the more noteworthy standards. There is an example here.

It's not easy but you just have to track some stuff. Alternatively there are plenty of consultants who can keep track on your behalf. :)

B

Bill Mitchell

Ethan:

Being on the consulting side of Quality Management I have the benefit of working with many of the Registrars. I have on file a great breakout of what you are looking for looking for. It takes you line by line throught the standard. This is 16 pages long and cannot be posted. If you provide me a email address I will be happy to forward this to you.

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator

Ethan:

Being on the consulting side of Quality Management I have the benefit of working with many of the Registrars. I have on file a great breakout of what you are looking for looking for. It takes you line by line through the standard. This is 16 pages long and cannot be posted. If you provide me a email address I will be happy to forward this to you.
Bill, any chance you can post or link this document for the benefit of all our Members?

Stijloor.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M MDR Clinical Evaluation & investigation (SUMMARY of changes) EU Medical Device Regulations 2
J Does anyone have a summary of changes made to ISO 11137-2? Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
B Has anyone seen a Summary of AS9100C Changes yet? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
Marc Summary of ISO 9001:2000 and ISO 9001:2008 Changes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 166
K Draft ISO 9001:2008 (Feb 08 version) & Summary of Changes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 60
L Summary of Changes in ISO 9001:2000 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
Marc Summary of Differences and Changes - ISO 9001:1994 and ISO 9001:2000 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
A How can we change a device trade name in 510(k) summary? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
Watchcat Summary of De Novo Biocompatibility Information, 2015-2018 Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
D Test summary report example for design validation wanted - ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
Watchcat DE NOVO SUMMARY - IVDs and Radiology Devices, 2015-2018 Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
Watchcat De novo Summary (ODE 2015-2018) Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
M Informational MDCG 2019-9 Summary of safety and clinical performance A guide for manufacturers and notified bodies – August 2019 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
D Summary of safety and clinical performance in GSPR MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 2
M Informational US FDA – MDR Data Files – Alternative Summary Report Data Since 1999 Available Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational EU – Hearing on the SCHEER preliminary Guidelines on the presence of Phthalates in certain medical devices (Brussels, 04 April 2019) – Summary records Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
A Minitab 18: How to automate GRR Summary Table save Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 1
M Informational RIVM – Summary International Expert Meeting on breast implant-associated lymphoma Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
T Executive summary for Traditional 510(k) 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 6
A Summary of safety and clinical performance (SSCP) EU Medical Device Regulations 1
D MDR and Summary Technical Documentation Files EU Medical Device Regulations 18
S 510(k) statement or 510(k) summary ? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
shimonv Summary of FDA Guidance on “Medical Device Accessories” (Dec 2016) Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
L A "good" non-parametric test summary? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 0
R 510(k) Executive Summary vs 510(k) Summary - Differences 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
L ISO 9001:2015 Correlation Matrix & Change Summary ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
A Does anyone have experience providing a summary of Pre-IDE discussions in the 510k US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
S Internal Audit Findings Summary Rewrite by an Auditee ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
S RAPS Article on STED (Summary Technical Documents) Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
R What should be the content or elements of an MDR Evaluation Summary? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
T Are Control Plans "Summary Documents" not meant to replace Work Instructions? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
K Are you wondering about FDA's UDI rule? Here's a non-exhaustive summary: Other US Medical Device Regulations 12
R Summary / Checklist for ANSI Z80.1 and ANSI Z80.3 Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
C Training Planning - Using Summary Sheet for Documenting Training Activities Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
K Clinical Evaluation Report Article Summary Requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 5
S Internal ISO 9001:2008 Audit Summary Report wanted General Auditing Discussions 4
Rameshwar25 Acceptance Criteria for Attribute MSA Study Effectiveness Summary Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
E STED (Summary Technical Document) and CSDT Differences Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 6
R CAPA 4-panel or 4-pane for Executive Summary Presentation Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
S AIAG MSA 4th Edition Summary APQP and PPAP 4
N Audit Summary Report - Need template example and help Internal Auditing 3
Q Adding ISO13485 to existing AS9100 QMS - Summary of the differences ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
C Product Quality Planning Summary and Sign Off Sheet APQP and PPAP 3
B Requirements Summary - Part 21g / Part 21j and Part 145 and DAOS EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 4
Q ISO 13485 vs. 21 CFR Part 820 Management Summary wanted 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
E Declarations of conformity and summary reports 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 7
S Audit Summary Report - Nonconformance Aging Analysis Nonconformance and Corrective Action 10
R FDA 510(k) Summary and FDA 510(k) Statement 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 10
M FDA 510(k) Summary and FDA 510(k) Statement Differences 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
S How to develop a Quality Cost Summary Report Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4