Is there an estimated date of release of API Q1 10th edition?

jmech

Trusted Information Resource
The results of the second recirculation have now been sent to the task group. There were 31 comments (several of which are likely to spur lengthy discussion and substantive changes) and one vote was changed to negative. Comment resolution meetings are scheduled to begin again on May 8.

The comment resolution process will likely result in changes that require at least one more recirculation and/or reballot. If so, this will push publication to the third quarter of 2023 or later.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
We are API U- trainers for API spec Q1 and Q2 , till now no exact date is released from API ON This topic and once it is release we are the one who will get getting Trained from API to give provide trainings on Q1 10th ed .
Saw this is your first post here. Just so you know, the fastest way to be banned from this site is to attempt to spam the membership and pretend you have some form of monopoly on sanctioned training. If you spend more than 30 minutes reading the threads here, you will realize the depth of collective knowledge. So, don’t try your luck with self aggrandizing bs.

Welcome to the Cove.

jmech

Comment resolution from the second recirculation was completed yesterday. Some changes were made to the document, but it is uncertain whether the changes will be considered substantive or not. If the changes are substantive (as determined by API), then another recirculation or reballot will be required.

If the changes are not substantive (and API staff indicated yesterday that this might be the case), then no more recirculations or reballots are required and publication of API Q1 10th Edition would be expected in approximately 3 months, which would be around early August 2023.

jmech

API Q1 10th Edition has now completed the balloting process. It still needs to go through editorial and legal review.

Publication is predicted to be in September 2023 but there is not a firm date. There will be a 1-year implementation period from publication (i.e. API will only require conformance to Q1 10th Edition starting 1 year after publication, but organizations can start implementing it immediately).

lanley liao

Lingli Liao
Jmech's comments are very true as I also received this information. This Q1 version 10, in terms of overall layout structure is OK, people did do a lot of revision work and the quality of the document as a whole is OK. Hopefully it will really contribute to the added value of the business and the growth of the individual.

Jigar

Starting to get Involved
Hello Folks, seniors

Today 18th Septem 20230918_205931.png ber 2023 API Released API Spec. Q1 10th Edition....

jmech

The first meeting to work on API Q1 10th Edition was on May 23, 2018. The final comment resolution meeting was on May 8, 2023. Publication was on September 18, 2023. This edition took over 5 years to complete.

Total task group meeting time was over 480 hours. I haven’t tracked the average meeting attendance, but I would estimate at least 25 and maybe more than 30. Assuming 25 attendees for 480 hours each, this would be 12000 person-hours of work, which is about 6 person-years of work (assuming 40 hour weeks).

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
The first meeting to work on API Q1 10th Edition was on May 23, 2018. The final comment resolution meeting was on May 8, 2023. Publication was on September 18, 2023. This edition took over 5 years to complete.

Total task group meeting time was over 480 hours. I haven’t tracked the average meeting attendance, but I would estimate at least 25 and maybe more than 30. Assuming 25 attendees for 480 hours each, this would be 12000 person-hours of work, which is about 6 person-years of work (assuming 40 hour weeks).
No surprise API decoupled Q1 from the ISO/TS 29001 standard.

vegasconsulting

Registered
Most Expected release date has been announced by API!!
API has officially announced yesterday release date for the highly anticipated 10th edition of API Specification Q1 certification, with an effective date set for September 18, 2024. This release date marks a significant milestone for organizations in the petroleum and natural gas industry as they prepare to transition to the updated certification requirements.

Last edited:
Top Bottom