Is there an official 6S Quality Management System? Is 5S being added to?

Y

YKT

I've heard and learnt about the Japanese 5S - Seiri, Seiton, Seiso, Seiketsu and Shitsuke.
This morning, someone told me that the 5S Management System has evolved from 5S to 6S, incorporating another 'S' - Shikari Yaro - Determination and Union,..or some sort like that.

I've even heard of someone told me the additional 'S' is 'Safety'....

Now which is true, and is there actually any 'official' 6S management system being circulating around?

Thanks...Confused...

T

ttownley

I do not know if it is an "official" 6S program but one of my companies main customers has incorporated a 6S program (MTD Products-Cub Cadet, Yardman, etc.)

Y

YKT

ttownley said:
I do not know if it is an "official" 6S program but one of my companies main customers has incorporated a 6S program (MTD Products-Cub Cadet, Yardman, etc.)

Thanks, ttownley. May I know what is their 'extra' S stands for ? It is 'Shikari Yaro' as mentioned by my client ?
I just need to know if there is some new standard being implemented for 5S...or 6S ????

Thanks

B

betterlife

An interesting information. Both 'Safety' and 'Shikari Yaro - Determination and Union' are an improvemen on existing 5S. Please provide more information on this development.

Y

YKT

but, when u google 'Shikari Yaro', as mentioned above, it will lead you to a foreign language website, which when i translated it, shows the extension of 5S...
that's confused me,,,,...safety or shikari yaro,..or something else,..or is there any 'official' training or claim by any party that the 6S has taken over the old 5S ????

W

wmarhel

YKT said:
that's confused me,,,,...safety or shikari yaro,..or something else,..or is there any 'official' training or claim by any party that the 6S has taken over the old 5S ????

Sometime back, someone decided that there needed to be a 6th "S". Probably some consultant who needed a few bucks. Safety is a factor that should already be present in practicing any of the the first five.

Just my $0.02 worth....... :D

Wayne

Top Bottom