Is there any kind of Ranking available for selecting the Registrars?

A

amanbhai

Is there any kind of ranking available for selecting the registrars? just curious

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
amanbhai said:
Is there any kind of ranking available for selecting the registrars? just curious

The only ranking I have personally seen is number of certificates issued.

Last edited:
T

tarheels4 - 2007

amanbhai said:
Quality Digest did one a couple of years ago based on customer evaluations. One registrar that I know of thought that some of the registrars were sending in only good evaluations and this particular registrar questioned the value of the ranking/survey.

One registrar has a link to the quality digest information. I suppose because Quality Digest has them shown in a favorable light based on the information provided by the registrar.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Madfox

Adios

I think your question needs a bit more clarification.
There can be ranking as to size, or as to customer satisfaction, for example.
As a screening tool (for competence), I'd say start with TS-approved registrars.
If you're relatively small, go with a small registrar. Big, go big. (They can do international, multi-standard, etc.)

Years ago I was on this board. I returned just weeks ago to counteract much of the BS I've seen since on the streets since. Alas poor Randy, "I came to bury BS, not to praise it." Good luck to you hyping BSI, I have no dog in this fight. Nor do I want to get one! I hope your shouting gets you more biz!

When I sought to sue a $B insurer, I chose the non-slick attorney who said to me:
"If you can't argue the law, argue the facts."
If you can't argue the facts, argue the law."
If you can't argue the law, or the facts, pound the table!"
Well done pounding the table Randy.

Good luck to all, take care, good health!

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant
amanbhai said:

Several years ago, Quality Digest did a ranking based on surveys. The only did it for two years, but copies may exist here on the Forum, or on the web.

I gues the problem was those registrars that scored well liked it, but those that did not score well obviously became upset with Quality Digest.

Randy

Super Moderator
OK, I'll change my comment...start with the smallest last.

When the mention of ranking comes up numbers should mean something, total certs, areas covered, countries covered, organization size whatever. What ranking do you want?

gpainter

Quite Involved in Discussions
I remember the Quality Digest survey. When iIwas selecting our registrar, I was surprised the scoring for the evaluations that I did placed them about the same as the QD survey. I contacted all of the registrars, sent surveys and narrowed it down to three and did interviews with their people and potential auditor. Selection of the correct fit is very important, almost like selecting your mate:eek:

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
hjilling said:
Several years ago, Quality Digest did a ranking based on surveys. The only did it for two years, but copies may exist here on the Forum, or on the web.

I gues the problem was those registrars that scored well liked it, but those that did not score well obviously became upset with Quality Digest.
Here's a link to the last one they did:
http://www.qualitydigest.com/july01/html/regsurvey.html

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
hjilling said:
It is not that simple. There are discussions here in the Cove about the alleged unethical practices that some registrars used to "encourage" the respondents to give them favorable ratings.

Fortunately or unfortunately, there is no simple criteria to assess registrar performance.
Even the QD survey had flaws. It focused on the registrar's customers perception of the registrar. Educated people understand that, sometimes, a registrar has to "dissatisfy their customers" in order to maintain it's integrity, because the certification service serves other stakeholders, such as the registered organization's customers.

Top Bottom