Is this Quality (Clothes Dryer)

Mikael

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi

Pictures from the inside of a (tumble/drum) dryer what ever you name it, the thing you put your wet clothes in to dry.
There is a dark version and light version of the same (sorry for the reflections).

I am thinking about the drum and how it is connected (joint/seam). Why did they not assemble the wing(fin) on there? Is it a problem, does it matter, is it just look and design, a bug or a feature, will it tear the clothes?

Attachments

• IMG_20180228_173706.jpg
    IMG_20180228_173706.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_20180228_173636.jpg
    IMG_20180228_173636.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I assume these are pictures of a typical clothes dryer. The design of the inside of the dryer typically has "fins" of one sort or another. These serve to keep the clothes from simply clinging to the outside of the tumbler container, and "fluffs" the clothes so that the dryer air flows through the load of clothes.

Simple explanation: How Does a Clothes Dryer Work?

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
Are you referring to the seam or joint? As in, why didn't they attach a fin to hide the joint?

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
The surprising thing to me was that there was a joint at all. I have never seen a dryer with a visible longitudinal joint. They have all had circumferential joints. If a longitudinal joint was necessary/desirable for manufacturing, it could be made less obvious (e.g., laser welded). If there were only one joint like this, it could definitely be hidden by a fin. If there were two joints, it might be more difficult as there are usually three fins spaced at 120 degrees apart.

Having said that, the issue is mostly cosmetic. Functionally, there should be no problems unless there are ragged/sharp edges that damage the clothing.

Top Bottom