Is Video Recording an Inspection allowed by Auditors?

K

KarenKH

I do the final inspection of our company's system before it goes out to the customer. Sometimes we get feed back that something was missed, when I know it was checked. I was thinking of bring in my camcorder and recording my inspections, I'm getting missed reviews from work. What would and auditor think if I have this as well as my inspection sheet?

W

WalkingSeed

Re: Is Video recording a inspection allowed by auditors?

I do the final inspection of our company's system before it goes out to the customer. Sometimes we get feed back that something was missed, when I know it was checked. I was thinking of bring in my camcorder and recording my inspections, I'm getting missed reviews from work. What would and auditor think if I have this as well as my inspection sheet?
I used to work in a pharma company where we videotaped some of our validations as evidence that the steps were performed. We never had to go to the video during any audit so I don't know what an auditor would think. What I do know is that as an auditor if I came across a situation where somebody was videotaping some of their reviews but not others I would be curious as to why. Also, what is your companies policy on cameras in the workplace. Many locations where I have worked require a person to get permission before taking photographs / video on company property.
Remember auditors do not grant permission to do something, they evaluate what is being done against company policies, procedures and commercial / regulatory standards.

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
Trusted Information Resource

More evidence a problem? I doubt that. You may want to use it as "corrective action information." Otherwise, if you intend to make it part of the inspection record, it may then be looked at as a quality record. If so, you will need to have control of the record (retention, etc.) It depends on your quality systems how easily that can be accommodated.

AndyN

Moved On

I do the final inspection of our company's system before it goes out to the customer. Sometimes we get feed back that something was missed, when I know it was checked. I was thinking of bring in my camcorder and recording my inspections, I'm getting missed reviews from work. What would an auditor think if I have this as well as my inspection sheet?

Are you thinking of an external auditor? If so, they shouldn't have a problem with it! It's your system, so anything you record can be any format and, as long as you have a process for dealing with it, it shouldn't raise any eyebrows.

G

Groo3

By feedback, I assume you are talking about customer feedback? What are the inspection criteria? or product specifications? Do the customer specifications differ from your internal / final product specifications?

If you are getting feedback which raises concerns about the inspection process, I would think the customer has some specifications or expectations they have not communicated to you yet... What specifically are they expecting? is it an agreed-to specification? or is it implied?

K

KarenKH

Thank you for your advice. No its not in our work instructions. The feed back is from our service guys who install our product. What it boils down to is their inspection is kinda differ from ours, but if i check off if a door is closed and they say its open, i just want to show yes it was.

Top Bottom