Is Your Company Registered to ISO9001:2000? (4 Feb 2002 to 25 July 2003)

Are You ISO 9001:2000 Registered?

• Yes

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Working on it

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • A consultant who has implemented it

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
E

energy

This is my first shot at a poll. Realizing that some members may not want to divulge information regarding their status in the area of ISO9001:2000, which would may lend credence to some very interesting opinions regarding specific issues, this poll is designed to let you respond anonymously. There is also a line for the many consultants who have implemented the standard. Please participate. Thank you

:ko: :smokin:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

E Wall

Just Me!
Super Moderator
Additional Poll Info:

Our Company has been ISO 9002 certified since Feb 1996.

Transitioning to 9001:2000 - registration audit schedule for Jan 2003. This was delayed from project started in April 2001 (goal was Jan 2002) due to company goal changes.

We are making rolling changes since we had our periodic audit (last time for that!) to the 1994 version last month.

Challenges: I am still waiting (begging/pleading/nagging/insert your synonym here!) on mgmt support, and expect after the Corporate office transitions (due in Mar 2002) this will happen more readily. Things would go fine if I was willing (and able) to do every bit of it myself! Since I find this as cross-purposes with not only our current company focus but the spirit of the standard, I am steadfastly holding to my position :frust: that all managers/staff that manage associated processes need be involved. I have provided training, given guidelines and reference information, offered assistance, etc...everything short of saying "Here let me do it for you!".

Eileen :bigwave:

A

Aaron Lupo

The company I work for is holding off until 12/16/03 for the transition. As always a day late and a dollar short. Actually I have already started to put things in place for 9K2K. I am sure we could switch to 9K2K in a matter of no time, the problem I am experiencing is our Registrars Auditors (at least the ones they send us) have not had transition training yet.

I have done Certification audits to 9K2K on several companies and I would say for the most part they have not had too much trouble implementing it.

gpainter

Quite Involved in Discussions
Your comments are good to hear ISO Guy. Many companies are putting it off till the end and is going to be trouble since 1 extra day for the most part is needed. Schedule your transition audit early. Do not get caught snoozing! :)

R

Rockanna

ISO 9001:2000 Certification

Could someone please describe how the re-cerfication audit went for them? We are planning to go through this process in August 2002. Just wondering how painful it was! :thedeal:

H

HFowler

J lean,

I started a thread in this same forum titled "Audit Findings". I basically wanted to know what auditors are finding as companies go through the registration process to ISO 9001:2000. I think it would be some really helpful information.

I have copied one of the replys below for your information.

KenS said:
Having been present at three audits under the 2000 standard I found the majority of "findings" to be under section 5, QA's nemesis, MANAGEMENT. Approximately 75% of the findings at any of the audits (mostly minors) were a direct result of top level management, as documented in the Manual, having little or no knowledge of the QMS. I was able to "take care of" almost all of these findings by the end of the audits by showing the auditor the documentation and explaining that the top level bozo didn't understand the questions. In one case the auditor was willing to let me rephrase the questions in terms management could understand. Of course, management blamed everything on the MR for not explaining things fully before the audit.

The other area of contention was Section 8.5.3, Preventive Action. Seems to be disagreement between auditors as to what constitutes Preventive Action and what constitutes Corrective Action.
Best Regards,
Hank Fowler
:)

J

James Gutherson

The *hit is about to hit the fan

We have our ISO9K2K certification audit scheduled for May this year.

I told myself that I wouldn't be nervous about it. "It's just the stuff we are doing right now" is what I keep telling everyone "Don't worry about the auditors, it will be no worse than the internal's".

BUT, things are becoming a lot sharper as we approach May (very quickly) and the butterflies are starting to breed.

RoxaneB

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
My organization is in the beginning stages of transitioning to 9K2K. Having completed a Gap Analysis and generated a "task list of responsibilities", the next item on the agenda is to develop a time line for the project.

I know that our goal is registration to the new Standard in the summer of 2003, with a pre-registration audit in the spring of that year.

To help facilitate the development of the time line, my department (all two of us) is scheduled to attend a Transition course in April. What currently exists is a very high-level time line with items such as developing the new Quality Policy and rewriting the Quality Manual. We need a time line that will help us focus on our gaps in the proper sequence.

With respect to our Gap Analysis, I'm please to report that most of our findings were small, with the overal gap being a lack of a process-based approach. The consistent gap is that, while we address most of the new "shall's", we haven't formalized those processes yet. Has anyone else out there completed a Gap Analysis and, if so, what were your findings like?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Marc Is Your Company Registered to ISO9001:2000? Poll Starting 15 May 2004 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 27
J Sister-company providing parts is only ISO 9001 registered IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
S Change of Medical Device Company Registered Address - Implications Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
I Does my company need to be ISO 13485 registered? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
P Other Company's Documentation - Registered as External Documents Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
T Requirement for each Company Plant to be AS9100 Registered? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
R ISO registered company list _ those certified by non-accredited auditing firms ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
N "Proud to be a registered company" ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
Z How to Establish a TS 16949 QMS in an ISO 9001 Registered Company? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
R How a company changes in becoming ISO 9001 registered/approved ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
R Added Value Benefits for a Warehousing Company to be ISO13485 Registered ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
C Registered to ISO 13485 and Outsourcing some manufacturing to an ISO 9001 company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
T Customer Requirements - TS 16949 registered company drops ISO 14001 Certification IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 38
P Identifying Design Responsibilities in a TS 16949 Registered Company Design and Development of Products and Processes 11
S company is not a guide 25 registered General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
B Can a company be registered to ISO 9001:1994? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
J How much to charge for helping a startup company with initial ISO 13485 certification? Consultants and Consulting 3
D IATF 16949 Requirement for CMMI in a Global Company Elsmar Cove Forum Suggestions, Complaints, Problems and Bug Reports 0
T Help to Suggest name for a new certification and inspection company Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
M Address change for a company with CE/ISO13485 EU Medical Device Regulations 2
M IT validation for a paper based MD repair company QMS ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
M QMS for a repair/servicing company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
C Internal Audits in a tiny Dx Company Internal Auditing 33
T ISO 13485 - 5.5.1 Responsibility and authority - Small Company Independence ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 13
F Quality manual for trading company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
L Implementing the PRRC role in a company EU Medical Device Regulations 5
BeaBea ISO 9001 Customer Feedback Methods - What has worked for your company? Service Industry Specific Topics 17
M Customers Request AS9100 certification - Small Company (less than 20 employees) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
U Document Approval - Software company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
T EQMS for small medical device company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
qualprod Corona virus Contingency plan - What have you done in your company? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 25
Q Must product name be listed the same name in FURLS, UDI, GUDID and Company Website? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
E Sharepoint for ISO 13485 QMS for small IVD company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
N Small Company - Internal audit process - Who does the audit? Internal Auditing 16
Z 510(k) usage - Company has 2 physically similar products Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
Q Company Ownership Change ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
L Contracted Manufacture Company wanting to be able to design and manufacture own product. 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 7
D ISO9001 for one man company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
T Client Communication - SaaMD company Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
R Notified Body for MDD 1Q20 - Florida Company Registrars and Notified Bodies 4
E In need of a new TGA sponsor - Small software company Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 4
F ISO 17025 8.8 Internal Audits in a segmented company ISO 17025 related Discussions 5
E Company A supplies pharmaceuticals to the MOI - Who is responsible? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
J Quality Assurance in China - Developing a quality management system for a California company Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 7
S How to determine & document Organizational Knowledge of a company Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
U IT Process is Taken From company and Added to Corporate Structure ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
G Is ISO 9001:2015 certification worth it for a company that does only contract manufacturing? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 14
N Non traumatic edge - Remark in some of my company drawings EU Medical Device Regulations 1
R Inventory management for a small startup device company Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
M Software Development Company - Who would own the whole process and the certification afterwards? ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 1