Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo Especially for content not in the forum
Such as files in the Cove "Members" Directory
Social Distancing - It's not just YOUR life - It's ALL of OUR lives!
Me <——————— 6 Feet ———————-> You

ISIR vs. PPAP - Customer is requesting an ISIR Cover Sheet according VDA

P

Piffepoffe

Hello!

I am rather new in this forum and looking for help in the following issue.

A customer is requesting an ISIR Cover Sheet according VDA for a small amount of pieces and promises a fix amount for the next several years.
I am the PPAP-responsible in my company and so here is the question.

Do i have to create a new PPAP for this type only because of the cover sheet according VDA?
Or is it enough to only create this Cover Sheet (it is a kind of PSW) and send it back to the customer without any PPAP activities (marking on drawing, change notes, ...)

Really looking forward for help!

Kind Regards

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
Hello!

I am rather new in this forum and looking for help in the following issue.

A customer is requesting an ISIR Cover Sheet according VDA for a small amount of pieces and promises a fix amount for the next several years.
I am the PPAP-responsible in my company and so here is the question.

Do i have to create a new PPAP for this type only because of the cover sheet according VDA?
Or is it enough to only create this Cover Sheet (it is a kind of PSW) and send it back to the customer without any PPAP activities (marking on drawing, change notes, ...)

Really looking forward for help!

Kind Regards
Welcome to The Cove Forums! :bigwave: :bigwave:

In automotive land, the customer makes the call on PPAP and and contents of submission. To be sure, you should ask your customer.

Stijloor.

P

Piffepoffe

Thx for the quick answer.

But are there also any signs of the customer that he wants to have a PPAP. For example if he asks for a Part Submission Warrant or an IMDS-entry of the product.

Or do the customer normally has to ask explicit for a PPAP?

TY in advance.

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
Thx for the quick answer.

But are there also any signs of the customer that he wants to have a PPAP. For example if he asks for a Part Submission Warrant or an IMDS-entry of the product.

Or do the customer normally has to ask explicit for a PPAP?

TY in advance.
All of these details are usually discussed, clarified, and agreed upon during the contract review process.

Stijloor.

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Please as the responsible make sure that this is agreed at the start.
It is in each case a specific Customer Requirement.

PPAP as you know it is not a TS requirement rather a specific customer or customers requirement.

The requirements of VDA 2 are a similar customer specific requirement as the AIAG PPAP handbook.

Top Bottom