ISO 10012, ANSI/NCSL Z540, ISO 17025 reference meet ISO 9001 7.4.2 (a) intent?

AndyN

Moved On
For example, is it done by the manufacturer of the gauge or by the vendor of the equipment? In this case, this could be an assurance too:bigwave:

Not in my experience - I've had some scary answers about equipment calibration from the makers. They don't always know what they're talking about! In one case it was an item of equipment which could affect a lifesaving system and I was told "press that button and if all the lights come on, it's self-calibrated":mg::nope:

L

lday38

These are high pot testers and electrical meters. I dont beleive they are not the manufacturer. The company being used interesting enough calibrates the police radar detectors.
I need more information on what standard they are using and if that is traceable I am thinking
Lin

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
These are high pot testers and electrical meters. I dont beleive they are not the manufacturer. The company being used interesting enough calibrates the police radar detectors.
I need more information on what standard they are using and if that is traceable I am thinking
Lin

You shall comply with clause 7.6 of ISO 9001, I mean.
I do not know if the tools that you have mentioned are critical to "ensure valid results" to cite a statement of that clause. Only you that are the owner can know.
Make an assessment and evaluate the risk and then act.
To be compliant with ISO 9001 you shall have in place "processes" for monitoring and measurent.
Based upon this, you can set critetia also for the tools/instruments that you send outside for calibration, not having capability to perfom it internally.
Hope this helps:bigwave:

Last edited:
D

dv8shane

Does a company who wants to be certified to ISO 9000:2000 have to use a calibration service who is registered to the 17025? I thought so.

Would it make a differance for electrical test equipment?

Thanks

Linda
Unless you write it into your system the answer is no. Your manual should define your requirements for traceability. FYI there are lots of 17025 labs that issue non accredited certificates. Determine what you need to meet your process and customer requirements that should tell you almost everything you need to know to decide what type of service you require and the type of vendor you will select.

Top Bottom