ISO 13485 Registration Certificate Life-Time (Validity Period)

K

korbse

Hi,

is there some regulation (specifically in the EU) for how long a 13485 certificate is valid? I only found ISO 17021 which states that it (the norm) is valid for certification of all types of management systems and in chapter 9.1.1 talks about re-certification cycles of 3 years.

Thanks for your help.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Certificate Life-Time of ISO 13485 Registration

Can someone clarify?

Thank you!!

Stijloor.

K

korbse

A previous discussion thread: [Link removed]
Thanks for the link. However, I asked this question because I've got quotations from different notified bodies with either 3 or 5 years re-certification cycles and wanted to know why the cycles are different.

harry

Trusted Information Resource

................I've got quotations from different notified bodies with either 3 or 5 years re-certification cycles and wanted to know why the cycles are different.

For me, I will be interested in whether these CB's that quoted are properly accreditated. You should find out who their accreditation body is.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

Thanks for the link. However, I asked this question because I've got quotations from different notified bodies with either 3 or 5 years re-certification cycles and wanted to know why the cycles are different.

Are you not confused with 5-year CE Mark cycles? I found a list of fees from BSI (Europe) that listed all these options.

Stijloor.

K

korbse

For me, I will be interested in whether these CB's that quoted are properly accreditated. You should find out who their accreditation body is.
They are accreditated by the government (I've got the corresponding law gazette) according to ISO 17021.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

For clarification: Are you referring to a Registrar (certification Body) or a Notified Body?

Stijloor.

Top Bottom