ISO 14001:2004 DIS (Final Draft) due March 2004

Final draft.

I have heard that the Final Draft for the new version (due March 2004) of the 14000 series was approved at the meeting in Indonesia in July... I am however quite unable to find this information at the ISO website. Am I daft (I know I shouldn't ask questions like that), or have they neglected to publish it???

Over to the group. Does anyone have more info?

/Claes

Randy

Super Moderator
TC 207 determined that the DIS "could" be issued for ballot in September. Under the best circumstances the new standard could be published in November 2004.

Don't hold your breath. There seems to be problems within TC 207 and nobody volunteered to host the next meeting.

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
Here's the website for TC207: www.tc207.org

They usually have a lot more information than the main ISO site does. The COMMUNIQUÉ pdf on the main page has some information, but not as much insight as Randy provided.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
A lot of green to promote green

In support to Randy's comment, there is an intresting article this Month in Environmental Systems Update, about the high costs for sponsoring a meeting of one of the large ISO TC groups, such as TC 176 and TC 207.

The article says in part:

". . .The fact of the matter is that all of the countries that were willing to put up at least a quarter of a million dollars to host a meeting — we essentially have run out of countries,” concedes Joe Cascio, who recently stepped down as chair of the US delegation to TC 207. “Now the concept is we want to be able to raise money to fund those meetings. . . "

I see. Thank's for the info Sidney.

As a matter of fact I'm currently working my way through the DIS. It doesn't feel like a major update... Anyone else else having a look at it?

/Claes

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Normally, they allow for free circulation of the document PROVIDED ;) that the intention is for users to give feedback about the proposed revisions.

I do not have a copy of the DIS. I only have a copy of the CD2 version, which is now obsolete

Top Bottom