ISO 14001:2004 - Legal and Other Requirements

L

LMills

i will be having a third party qualifier audit next month and the only requirement i haven't met is "Legal and other Requirements/Evidence of Compliance" During the last two audits i thought i had managed it correctly but nobody is telling me exactly what was wrong or giving advice on how to handle it. I was part of the team to set up initial ISO 14001 certification in my last job and was one of two environmental engineers in the facility in addition to regulatory compliance in mobile sources CAA so i am experienced with regs. Can anybody give me some suggestions? Thanks!:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Randy

Super Moderator
Re: ISO 14001:2004 Legal and other Requirements

Yep, review Annex A.5.2 and doi what it says.

All you have to do is to be able to show how you periodically verify the status of your compliance efforts and it can be a variety of methods from having 3rd parties come in to do an assessment to day-to-day inspections

Don't over complicate it

L

LMills

Re: ISO 14001:2004 Legal and other Requirements

Yep, review Annex A.5.2 and doi what it says.

All you have to do is to be able to show how you periodically verify the status of your compliance efforts and it can be a variety of methods from having 3rd parties come in to do an assessment to day-to-day inspections

Don't over complicate it
Thanks Randy! I do have a tendency to complicate things :)

Randy

Super Moderator
Yeah I understand, but basically all you have to do is step back, evaluate all your compliance activities, address any shortcomings and document the results. Lots of folks make some kind of spreadsheet or create a formal report...But you need to look at the regulatory/legal stuff and the "non regulatory" and this is where A.5.2 can especially help you with examples it provides.

Top Bottom