Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

ISO 14001 9.2.2 Internal Audit Programme Content

Raffy

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi everyone,
Greetings in the name of Peace and Prosperity!
Currently i am contemplating regarding the requirements of ISO14001:2015 9.2.2
... when establishing the internal audit programme, the organization shall take into consideration the
environmental importance of the processes concerned. My question, How am I going to translate
this requirement to be included in the audit program? Please advice.
Thank you very much in advance.
Best,
Raffy

John Broomfield

Staff member
Super Moderator
Your organization has processes that impact the environment significantly as determined by your risk assessments. These impacts may be beneficial or adverse. Your organization will be counting on some of these processes to deliver on its objectives and targets. Naturally top management has priorities and would want impartial reporting on how well these processes are delivering.

So, as with any other processes in your organization you’ll adjust your audit program according to the importance, reliability and newness or status of these processes.

You may specify your own criteria, for example:

1. Audit every process at least once a year
2. Audit the critical processes every quarter
3. Audit the new processes within their first month of operation
4. Adjust the frequency according audit results

Use these criteria to set up your audit program and adjust as you learn

Under no circumstances allow audit to replace day to day monitoring and supervision.

Raffy

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi John,
Thank you for your immediate reply.
This is a BIG help on my part, as I am currently developing our audit program for EMS.
Again, thank you very much.
Best,
Raffy

Top Bottom