ISO 14001 certification yesterday afternoon - We did it!

G

Greg B

Steel,

I too have not been around very often, of late (work committments) so congratulations. I appreciate the road you must travel in attaining this certification. They can be very picky. Well done!:agree1:

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource
gpainter said:
Congrats on the first stop on the track of environmental friendliness!!

Actually, the being environmentally friendly part comes naturally to us, it's the documentation to meet the standard that was a pain! roflmao:lol:

Paul Simpson

More trees

SteelMaiden said:
Actually, the being environmentally friendly part comes naturally to us, it's the documentation to meet the standard that was a pain! roflmao:lol:
You didn't have to add too much documentation did you? Doesn't sound very environmentally friendly to me - surely you had an electronic system?;)

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Paul Simpson said:
You didn't have to add too much documentation did you? Doesn't sound very environmentally friendly to me - surely you had an electronic system?;)

No documentation added as to records etc. All the documentation was added to show how the various permits/programs tied into aspects, impacts, targets and objectives. i.e. just because I knew, and the environmental MR knew, and the people closely associated with the a/i, we now have a system where anyone anywhere can look at an aspect and impact, tell what legal and other requirements make it important, how we address it/control it, and on and on.

Each person on-site now has pretty much every detail of any environmentally significant aspact that they would care to know. Before, it was pretty much up to the environmental department to keep track of.

Our auditors were very surprised to ask an operator if he knew what the significant aspects of his area were and he not only told them what the aspect and impact were, but pulled up our ongoing control projects and showed them the exact place in Title V that showed what our requirements were. We now have 400 people working for the Environmental Dept, just as we have 400 working for QA.

Top Bottom