ISO 14040 ? Life cycle assessment ? Design for Environment form

A

Al Dyer

Cheryl:

I'm not sure if there is a specific form but it sounds like a topic that should be investigated as part of a PR/APQP/product Launch process, possible a checksheet to document that environmental concerns are being addressed.

I'm not too well versed in the new ISO but I soon will be when the revised TS is released.

Update: Sorry Cheryl, I thought I was responding to the ISO-9000 forum. But hey, I'll leave it here as a reminder to read the posts and threads fully before responding. :eek:

ASD...

[This message has been edited by Al Dyer (edited 27 June 2001).]

C

Cheryl

D.F.E. Form

Just completed our pre-assessment audit and our registrar made reference to a D.F.E., Design for Environment form/questionnaire. Is anyone familiar with this? I would appreciate a copy of this if possible.

G

goose

I don't know of a specific form but I've seen Environmental FMEA's used effectively in the design process.

I think any methodology that is used to show that you have considered specific environmental criteria during design of a process or product will work. Just have records to prove it.

You may want to check this out. It may help you out. Also check out what FORD has on their ISO 14000 page. There may be something there.

ISO 14040 – Life cycle assessment – Principles and framework
Description: This standard provides a clear overview of the practices, applications and limitations of life cycle assessments (LCA). It provides the reader with the guiding principles for undertaking and reporting LCA programs in a manner that is transparent, responsible and consistent. This standard is designed to provide even a novice with a basic understanding of LCA.

Check out the USEPA web site. You will find guidance for establishing an environmental management program, including sample checklists for life cycle assessment.

W

Wooster

goose:
where can I find an environmental-FMEA?

I'm writing my diploma thesis on integrating an EMS into QMS at an automotive suppplier. Anything that helps is received gladly.

Does anyone have anything on EMS and QS9k ISO9k:2k and ISO/TS16949?

Thanks for your help.

[This message has been edited by Wooster (edited 16 August 2001).]

Top Bottom