ISO 16269-7 Statistical interpretation of data

J

Jimmy Olson

Iso 16269?

Does anyone know anything about ISO 16269? A coworker had mentioned it to me and asked if I knew anything about it, so I figured I would ask the geniuses here :D

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rick Goodson

Richard,

First, your coworker is really strange. Only us statistical technical gearheads even care about this stuff. It is a document on the official ISO method of estimating the median and its confidence level.....Told you it was wierd stuff.

Second, on a serious note, on the ISO website you can find the reference to buy it if you really have a need.

TC 69 (Technical Committee 69) rides herd on this document:

ISO 16269-7 Statistical interpretation of data -- Part 7: Median -- Estimation and confidence intervals.

Rick

J

Jimmy Olson

Rick Goodson said:

First, your coworker is really strange.

That pretty much describes him. We lovingly refer to him as 'The Leader of the Geeks' :vfunny: (no offense)

Is it something that would be worth getting? Or is the information something that someone working in statistics would already know? He knew what the standard is, but I think was more interested in what it described and if it was anything different than what is already out there. Based on the title it doesn't sound too different than figuring uncertainty, but I'm not sure (not really that deep into statistics yet). Thanks for the information so far.

R

Rick Goodson

Richard,

I have not seen this particular standard but based on others I have seen (statistical 'stuff') it is the same thing you would find in any good statistics book. I would pass myself. Besides, who gives a rat's butt about the median of a process anyway.

Rick

J

Jimmy Olson

Thanks Rick. That's pretty much what I had thought. I will be sure to pass on the information.

Top Bottom