Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

ISO 17025 Liabilty of Reporting Test Failures

T

t.PoN

If a customer brought a product that he did not manfacture and requested a certain test, should I put the brand of the product on the report.

the product failed the specification limit in the standard.

what am i afraid of that my customer may use the report as a a bad publicity and we may be caught in the middle of crisis with manfacturer.

we already use "The results relates only to the tested sample" and "This report should not be used in any publicity unless approved by our lab" and "sample was brought by customer"

but I was wondering, if you were in my shoes, would you report the brand or would you do something else?
what is the best practice

harry

Super Moderator
Re: ISO 17025 Liabilty of Reporting

Welcome to the Cove.

What I've often seen here is people reporting/identifying the 'product' through the said products unique markings such as serial number or others (even self created marking) which can be traced to the product in question.

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few
Re: ISO 17025 Liabilty of Reporting Test Failurees

If a customer brought a product that he did not manfacture and requested a certain test, should I put the brand of the product on the report.

what am i afraid of that my customer may use the report as a a bad publicity and we may be caught in the middle of crisis with manfacturer.

we already use "The results relates only to the tested sample" and "This report should not be used in any publicity unless approved by our lab" and "sample was brought by customer"

but I was wondering, if you were in my shoes, would you report the brand or would you do something else?
i do not see how you can avoid it. Do you stand behind the test method and test result

G

Gmzita

Re: ISO 17025 Liabilty of Reporting Test Failurees

I think you need to check the requirements of ISO 17025 - Sec. 5.10. It spells out the required items for the test report - Specifically -

5.10.2.f - A description of, the condition of, and unambiguous identification of the item(s) tested or calibrated.

5.10.3.2.b. - unambiguous identification of the substance, material or product sampled (including the name of the manufacturer, the model or type of designation and serial numbers as appropriate.

As Kales stated above - I do not think you can get around it.

Good Luck,

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Staff member
Super Moderator

Yes, you must report pertinent information, including the manufacturer.

ISO/IEC 17025: 2005 Clause 5.10 requires an "...unambiguous..." description of the item. That can include the manufacturer. The key is that it is unambiguous

Anything almost, leaves you open to litigation. But in such an instance, you must be able to differentiate between one and another of similar name or composition.

Hope this helps.

T

t.PoN

Thank you all.
I guess I can't avoid the situation and if anything goes wrong, I'll let the PR handle it :)

Top Bottom