ISO 17025 sufficient enough to drop ISO 10005 Quality Plan?

R

reynevan

Hello everyone,

I'm working on a project to simplify the procurement of our calibration services. Up to this point we require a ISO 17025 certification and a quality plan (as per ISO 10005). In order to extend our supplier base and to reduce the workload for our quality department i would like to drop the quality plan as a requirement. A cross reference between the two shows me that every relevant chapter is covered by ISO 17025.

I would like to hear your view and opinion on this topic.

thank you

M

mecramur

These are straight out of 17025.

Conformity of the quality management system within which the laboratory operates to the requirements of ISO 9001 does not of itself demonstrate the competence of the laboratory to produce technically valid data and results. Nor does demonstrated conformity to this International Standard imply conformity of the quality management system within which the laboratory operates to all the requirements of ISO 9001.
[FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]
1.4​
This International Standard is for use by laboratories in developing their management system for quality, administrative and technical operations. Laboratory customers, regulatory authorities and accreditation bodies may also use it in confirming or recognizing the competence of laboratories. This International Standard is not intended to be used as the basis for certification of laboratories.

10005 covers quality systems for all, product manufacturers, software, and service provider. 17025 covers quality systems specific to calibration labs. It is a business risk decision to which or both you want to comply. For some companies 17025 compliance is sufficient.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Top Bottom