ISO 19011:2018 - 5.4.2 "...audit program should engage in appropriate continual development..."

normzone

Trusted Information Resource
I know that the standard referenced is advisory, and perhaps the advice in 5.4.2 is fantasy at best, but do you have any counsel for a practical veteran looking to address

" The individual(s) managing the audit programme should engage in appropriate continual development activities to maintain the necessary competence to manage the audit programme. "

As always, my thanks and kudos to the people of this forum.

Randy

Super Moderator
Take some online improvement and professional development courses. Nothing more than continuing education......Nothing new, nothing complicated, you can even reference the "Cove" here, you've got some of then best people in the industry providing guidance and learning, all you need to do is separate the wheat from the chaff.

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
How about refreshing top management's objectives for the internal audit program as part of management review.

Then, of course, each internal audit's objective and plan would be designed to help fulfill these objectives.

Mark Meer

..." The individual(s) managing the audit programme should engage in appropriate continual development activities to maintain the necessary competence to manage the audit programme. "...

Nothing more than self-training is necessary, IMO. Keeping up-to-date on any changes to applicable standards, regulations or other sources of requirements is what the standard's probably most concerned with in this clause.

normzone

Thanks all - I do haunt the Cove regularly, and recommend it to any and all even peripherally involved with Quality functions. I'm always amazed to meet somebody in the field who is unaware of it's existence.

Top Bottom