ISO 19036 - Measurement Uncertainty for Microbiology

S

sherray

Hello everyone out there, :bigwave:

I would like to know what is ISO 19036 and what does it do. Any ideas are most welcome. Thank you in advance!!:bighug:

BradM

Leader
Admin
Hello everyone out there, :bigwave:

I would like to know what is ISO 19036 and what does it do. Any ideas are most welcome. Thank you in advance!!:bighug:
Hello there! :bigwave: Welcome! :)

As best I can gather from the searches, it appears to be a method of calculating a total uncertainty in food and animal stuff. Basically it's a way to quantitatively express the estimated error in the measurement process.

Not sure if that helps or not. :)

S

sherray

Hello there! :bigwave: Welcome! :)

As best I can gather from the searches, it appears to be a method of calculating a total uncertainty in food and animal stuff. Basically it's a way to quantitatively express the estimated error in the measurement process.

Not sure if that helps or not. :)
Thanks for your kind help ^^
If possible is there are any documents where i can refer to understand them even better? Cause I have to make slides out of them but I'm unsure what to do and where to start XP

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
FYI: Measurement Uncertainty for Low Counts

ISO/TS 19036:2006 gives guidance for the estimation and expression of measurement uncertainty (MU) associated with quantitative results in food microbiology.

It is applicable to the quantitative analysis of products intended for human consumption and the feeding of animals, and of environmental samples in the area of food production and food handling, typically carried out by enumeration of microorganisms using a colony-count technique, but applicable also to quantitative analysis by alternative instrumental methods.

ISO/TS 19036:2006 is not applicable to enumeration using a most probable number technique, or the analysis of low levels of microorganisms.

Top Bottom