ISO 20417:2021- Regulatory Identification

QM_123

Involved In Discussions
Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding article 7.5 of the standard. I searched other threads but I did not find any answer. Article 7.5 mentions "regulatory identification" and it says regulatory referance information, conformity graphics and regulatory classification graphichs shall be included, where necessary and this information may be applied other than manufacturer without obscuring any information on the label affixed by manufacturer. I'll be so glad if you give me an insight, may be an example to understand "regulatory identification".

Thank you in advance,

ASteel

Starting to get Involved
Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding article 7.5 of the standard. I searched other threads but I did not find any answer. Article 7.5 mentions "regulatory identification" and it says regulatory referance information, conformity graphics and regulatory classification graphichs shall be included, where necessary and this information may be applied other than manufacturer without obscuring any information on the label affixed by manufacturer. I'll be so glad if you give me an insight, may be an example to understand "regulatory identification".

Thank you in advance,

I take this to mean your Authorized Representative and Notified Body information. We currently have that information on our packaging. I am currently doing some digging on why the classification graphics are beneficial as well as a justification not to add that to our already crowded labeling.

QM_123

Involved In Discussions
I take this to mean your Authorized Representative and Notified Body information. We currently have that information on our packaging. I am currently doing some digging on why the classification graphics are beneficial as well as a justification not to add that to our already crowded labeling.

ASteel, thank you very much for your response. Actually, I thought regulatory identification might be that way too, but I wasn't sure, now it is clear. Further, what do these "classification graphics" mean? I googled but I couldn't find the answer. I know I asked much but I would be very happy if you could give me an idea about this, too. Thanks!

Top Bottom