ISO 41001:2018 - System Standard for Facility Management

somashekar

Leader
Admin
I got an insight into this standard recently. Perhaps this is the first service sector specific standard. How much does this differ from the ISO 9001 in terms of its focus on requirements and regulations, and who would be such organization looking for certification to this type of standard, as its a requirement standard per the Title.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Perhaps this is the first service sector specific standard.
Not really. ISO 20000 has been out for several years now, as an example.
, and who would be such organization looking for certification to this type of standard, as its a requirement standard per the Title.
I strongly doubt we will see many organizations seeking certification against this standard since the "customers" of facility management services are internal to the organization. Much more likely, in my opinion, is for organizations that perform outsourced facility management to seek such certification, but I doubt there is a big market.

sg5505

Registered
hi all;

i was task to kick start a standard operating procedure for complying to iso 41001 for our small facility management company. As our company is small (less than 50 employee) we can't afford a consultant to write from scratch the iso 41001 system for us.

1. I Need to clarify that i need to write the Master copy iso 41001 and the minor task SOP that is reference to other sub-clause SOP?

2. Is there any online SOP writers and anyone that can recommend to help me write the skeleton SOP?

Thank you.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I am not sure what you mean by "Master copy..." I can't help. Sorry. Other than this discussion thread I have not heard of it before nor seen a copy of it.

Is this for your internal facility or does your company perform facilities management as a service?

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
ISO 41001 definitely is more outward focussed.
I understand you found this forum and decided to promote ISO 41001, but words do matter. Can you explain how a facility management standard would be more outwardly focused than a standard that focus on external customers? I can’t decipher that riddle.
Thanks.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Thanks for the effort. You are sure knowledgeable and invested in to the subject. However, based on my decades-long experience with ISO Management System Standards, I suspect that this one will also be a flop, from a commercial perspective. In a pre-COVID-19 world, with cash flowing abundantly in some sectors, I could see organizations seeking one more badge to adorn their lobbies and websites, but in a depressed economy, I seriously doubt most organizations would invest more than the minimum enforced by regulatory mandates.

I know that this standard is new; this thread, created by me is not 2 years old yet, but I checked ANAB, UKAS and The RvA websites and there are ZERO CB's accredited for that standard, as far as I can see. The IAF Certsearch database does not even have ISO 41001 as a listed standard and the 2019 ISO Survey (for 2018 data) does not show anything related to this.

When I created the What do these things have in common? Surge in new ISO Committees & Standards thread, I wanted to show that ISO will gladly accept and embrace the creation of a Technical Committee pretty much on ANYTHING, but when the standard has a very narrow field of application, or the drivers for deployment of the document are bottom-line questionable, success is very hard.

Nevertheless, good luck to you.

Randy

Super Moderator
Going with Sidney and Marc on this to include and answer to the statement "Actually I found this forum some time ago and realized that there is a significant lack of understanding of ISO 41001 here as well as elsewhere in the world."

It's not that there's a lack of understanding, it's actually based on FM people are too busy actually doing it and not getting all wrapped up in "theory" or trying to make it happen with some other thing to get in their way.............

Marc, looks like it's being offered in the UK and Europe but not over here....and I sure ain't doing it

Top Bottom