ISO 50001 Energy Management Systems - Requirements

Kochharmeenakshi

Starting to get Involved
valuable information....
help me!!
Can any body helps me in identifing \visuallising the TYPE OF POTENTIAL energy realated emergency such as
Contingency or emergency situatuions or potential disasters of energy like electricity, coal, etc....

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Trusted Information Resource
As Randy has correctly stated, ISO 50001 is one tool. Folks in construction should be able to figure out how to integrate it within the regulatory environment of documents like the International Green Construction Code (IGCC) and the International Energy Conservation Code (IECC).

S

samsung

valuable information....
help me!!
Can any body helps me in identifing \visuallising the TYPE OF POTENTIAL energy realated emergency such as
Contingency or emergency situatuions or potential disasters of energy like electricity, coal, etc....

As far as I'm aware of, ISO 50001 doesn't prescribe any requirement for Emergency planning (similar to 4.4.7 of 14001).

AndyN

Moved On
valuable information....
help me!!
Can any body helps me in identifying \visualizing the TYPE OF POTENTIAL energy related emergency such as
Contingency or emergency situations or potential disasters of energy like electricity, coal, etc....

Are you asking because you are planning for Disaster Recovery or for Energy Management/Reductions?

If you are planning for Disaster Recovery, then this thread should be moved to another forum. If it's Energy Management you're thinking about, I believe Samsung is correct.

Kochharmeenakshi

Starting to get Involved
Andyn \Samsung

yes ISO 50001 : 2011 also required to define mitigation plan for handling continguency or emergency situations..

Refer NOTE under hte clause 4.5.5 says the same.....

Pl help our auditor has not given any NC but explictily told us to make document to address.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
yes ISO 50001 : 2011 also required to define mitigation plan for handling continguency or emergency situations..
No, it doesn't.

The note (which is NOT a requirement) you refer to states:
When planning for contingency or emergency situations or potential disasters, including procuring equipment, an organization may choose to include energy performance in determining how it will react to these situations.

Kochharmeenakshi

Starting to get Involved
wording " When planning for contingency or emergency situations or potential disasters," is still not clear to me???

next part is understood to me is procurement should take care of the energy performance in determining......

B

blockuro

Hi Folks,

I have a question regarding the energy baseline (4.4.4).

ISO 50001 requires that "the energy baseline(s) shall be maintained and recorded".

I thought a lot about it, and I cannot figure it out: How do you maintain a baseline?

Any hint or advice would be great.

Thanks a lot!

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Any hint or advice would be great.
The following is from the Committee Draft of the ISO 50004 document <Guidance for the implementation, maintenance and improvement of an energy management system> being developed to assist with ISO 50001 implementation:

The energy baseline should be established over a period which is representative of the organization’s operation or regulations such as legislation. During this period associated energy variables should be recorded in appropriate intervals to register the baseline conditions for further comparison to the reporting period conditions.

The baseline might be an absolute amount of energy used in a given period, e.g. kWh per year. It might also be expressed as a ratio such as kWh per unit of production (see footnote to 4.4.5 EnPIs below for a caution on these types of indicators and baselines). Ideally the baseline is derived through statistical analysis of energy use against its relevant variables. The output from the energy review includes the SEUs and their relevant variables that affect them which provide important information for baseline development. This is used as a basis for comparison with future performance in conjunction with EnPIs (see 4.4.5 below).
picture.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom