ISO 9000:2005-Copy requested of Drafts

C

cr_veera

Do anybody have draft copy of ISO 9000 : 2005 ? or alteast ISO 9000 : 2000 ( Old version) - Quality fundamentals and vocabulary. I would like to verify that what are the guide lines to prepare Quality manual as per standard

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Iso 9000 : 2005

Do anybody have draft copy of ISO 9000 : 2005 ? or alteast ISO 9000 : 2000 ( Old version) - Quality fundamentals and vocabulary. I would like to verify that what are the guide lines to prepare Quality manual as per standard

These documents are ISO copyrighted materials and can not be made available, nor requested here at The Cove Forums.

Sorry.

However, you can search the Forums here for relevant information.

Stijloor.

C

cr_veera

Stijllor, That's why I am asking Draft copy which was circulated before final released one. Here, we have ISO 9001 : 2000 for implementing QMS on or organization however 9000 will be helpful to guide to prepare a better manual than initiated one. Or else, could you please briefly guide me on it. Thanks in advance.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

Stijllor, That's why I am asking Draft copy which was circulated before final released one. Here, we have ISO 9001 : 2000 for implementing QMS on or organization however 9000 will be helpful to guide to prepare a better manual than initiated one. Or else, could you please briefly guide me on it. Thanks in advance.

ISO 9000:2005 provides limited information on how to develop a quality manual:
  • Clause 2.7 provides basics on "Documentation."
  • Clause 3.7.4 provides the definition of the term "Quality Manual."
As stated before, you're much better off to do a search and look for relevant information on "Quality Manual."

For example, a search on "Manual", revealed this.

Hope this helps.

Stijloor.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin

however 9000 will be helpful to guide to prepare a better manual than initiated one.
Not to delve into technicalities, but ISO 9000 is a normative reference in ISO 9001. Which means, you must apply it (at least, the definitions), in the context of ISO 9001 implementation. You should have a copy of it. Since, the drafts are no longer available, and the documents are protected by copyright, you should purchase a copy.

Randy

Super Moderator

Additionally, ISO 9000:2005 doesn't have any guidelines, just definitions.

You want guidance? Look at ISO 9001:2000, clause 4.2.2 because that's all you have to do.

From ISO 9000:2005
quality manual
document (3.7.2) specifying the quality management system (3.2.3) of an organization (3.3.1)

NOTE Quality manuals can vary in detail and format to suit the size and complexity of an individual organization.

C

cr_veera

Thanks a lot to all for your kind clarifications.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin

Additionally, ISO 9000:2005 doesn't have any guidelines, just definitions.
Not to delve into technicalities :)tg:) again, but ISO 9000 is more than terminology and definitions:
ISO 9000 describes fundamentals of quality management systems and specifies the terminology for quality management systems
That is why the TC 176 created the "official interpretation" I linked in the previous post to clarify that only the terminology part of ISO 9000 is considered normative.

If the OP wants guidance on the Quality Manual, s/he should get acquainted with ISO/TR 10013:2001 - Guidelines for quality management system documentation

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource

If you're looking ISO 9000 series guidance, ISO 9004 is more appropriate. As Sidney said, ISO 9000 is mandatory. ISO 9004 is actually a guidance document. It's currently under revision, and committee draft 2 can be downloaded here. Unfortunately I don't see any guidance at all about manuals in there though.

An even better option is ISO/TR 10013 (Guidelines for quality management system documentation). It actually has about a page and a half about quality manuals. Although, as mentioned above for other standards, it's copyrighted.

Top Bottom