ISO 9001:2000 Auditor Transition Course

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
2000 Version Transition Course

Can anyone recommend a company for the 'Transition' course (9001:1994--> 2000) for auditors which is acceptable to the IRCA?

D

db

Transition

I took my transition training from the Eagle Group (took my 14K LA from them as well). I really enjoyed it, although thanks in part to the Cove, I pretty much knew the stuff. The instructor did a good job at keeping things from bogging down.

Their website is:

http://www.eaglegroupusa.com/

Hope that helps.

R

Randy Stewart

I took mine through the AIAG (Plexus). It was a good course, I hate to admit!!!!

Marc

Leader
Plexus used to have garbage. I would hope in the last 5 years their 'stuff' has improved and from what I've seen it has. None the less I still view them as the Perry Johnson / Arthur Anderson of the QS world (especially with respect to Ford).

I appreciate the feedback. I gotta do it and get this IRCA thing out of the way. They want it - I gotta give it to them. Ka-ching!

E Wall

Just Me!
Trusted Information Resource
Det Norske Veritas (DNV)

I've been very pleased with all training and information from DNV.

R

Randy Stewart

Marc, I held the same feeling for Plexus. That's why a shuddered to tell you that I thought the course was good. I actually made sense out of what was in the class. It almost made me believe that one day the B3 would agree on something and that pro athletes would hold out until they were paid less money so fans could afford to go the games again.

But then the garbageman started beating the cans on the back of his truck and woke me up.

Marc

Leader
Well, I've bashed Plexus in the past but I hope I can say I also give credit when credit is due.

Well, I have to do this for the IRCA so I better find something today. I took a day off and better make good use of it.

Casana

Blueberry Nut
ASQ E-learning course

Don't take it online!!

I recently finished the ISO 9k-2k Delta online training class sponsored by ASQ. I found it extremely boring and not useful. About the only good thing I got from it was a nice checklist.

The class repeated a lot of stuff I already knew (from the old 20 elements) and didn't emphasize enough the differences between the two standards, IMHO. More than a transition course, it felt like a newbie introduction course for ISO 9K2K.

I ended up skipping the training modules and taking the tests (passed with no problems) just to save time and aggravation (had to pass the tests in order to get my training certificate.)

Casana

Blueberry Nut
Forgot to add - in order to use the ASQ ISO 9k2k e-course for the IRCA, you need to ALSO take a "Special Studies" training through JP Russell Associates. Got no idea what that entails, but I'm sure it means more $$ and time than the original cost of the e-course.

Top Bottom