ISO 9001:2000 Document Review Tomorrow

M

mshell

Rachael,

I would like to know how it went as well. I am submitting our quality manual next week.

R

Rachel

No more dreams of being chased down a dark alley by big burly SOPs!

Hello all,

Thanks for the concern and good-luck wishes. I am happy to report that our document review could not have gone any better yesterday (I'm logged in on a Saturday - I officially need to get a life :eek: ). No non-conformances, a couple of minor things to look out for between now and our initial assessment (neither of which are directly related to documentation), and big kudos from the auditor. The auditor told me (in the presence of my boss - always a perk!) that I did an outstanding job with the documentation development, especially considering that I've only been with the company for six months. Rather nice to hear...after four months of thinking "oh crap" and worrying whether I'm going to screw it up and let the company down. Nothing like getting validation right from the horse's mouth...

Then - if Friday could have gotten any better - I got one of the coolest birthday presents from my boyfriend lastnight. It's a wall clock...but the numebrs on the face are replaced with the corresponding atomic symbols!

"It's a quarter to He right now....give me a couple of hours...I'll meet you at Be:Li."

BeSt PrEsEnT eVeR...what can I say?...he knows the way to my heart.

Have a great rest-of-the-weekend, all...thanks for all your help and advice over the last few months. It's still too soon to say...but...I might not get sacked!!

Cheers,
-R.

G

Greg B

Rachel, :applause:

Well done. From what I have seen of your work, over the past few months, I doubted if you would have failed. It is always meticulous. They would be mad if they let you go.

Now getting to the heart of the matter. You have just celebrated a birthday and passed an audit and recieved what I assume is the world's best present, So what are you doing logging in on a Saturday????? (here am I logging in on a Sunday - Austrlian time) Anyway, again, Well done and keep up the good work.

Greg B

M

mshell

:applause: Congratulations Rachael. I know that you breathed a huge sigh of relief.

S

sal881vw

Well done Rachel :applause: .......concentrate on what has to be finalized for the initial assessment........good luck......and a belated happy birthday :)

R

Rachel

Thanks everyone! It sure does feel good to be over that hurdle...but it's not over yet. Now, to focus on the actual audit... :mg:

I

Ingeniero1

Well done, Rachel!

When will the audit be? (My apologies if you already said when but I missed it.)

Speaking of document reviews, I have a question for all:
When do auditors 'normally' review the documentation; e.g., procedures, master documents and records lists, etc? (Our registrar auditor already reviewed and approved our manual, and I am about ready with the rest of the documents, but the audit will not be until August-September.)

Thanks

Alex

R

Rachel

Alex,

Thanks for the congrats! :)

I think it's just a scheduling thing. My understanding is that the doc review is usually closer to the audit than ours was. We scheduled the doc review for 7 May, the pre-assessment for 25 May, and the audit for 7-8 June (two auditors). Most of that was because of scheduling restrictions, though - we have to be through the process by 1 July (customer request), and the auditor schedules were already pretty full by the time management got around to approving the contract. :rolleyes: There's also no saying that they have to come in to do it formally, either...our auditor will let us courier our docs to him for review off-site as well. I think it's just whatever works - as long as the doc review is completed before the assessment.

Cheers!

Top Bottom