ISO 9001:2000 Implementation Project: finished procedures

J

judy simidi

i have just finished drafting the six main procudres. i am wondering if am on the right track, someone said i had already over documented. should i use flowcharts to at least make these six simpler....?

Thanks.

judy

Last edited by a moderator:

CarolX

Trusted Information Resource
Hi Judy,

I moved your thread to this board.

To answer your question about flowcharts - it is really up to you and your company. One word of advice is to keep things as simple as possible - especially with your work instructions. Those will be the documents actually used by the folks who perform the tasks.

Hope this helps a little.

Randy

Super Moderator
Of the "6" main procedures, how many of them do your hourly workers (Spanish speaking) need to use? Are they going to be controlling documnets and records or just using and generating them? Are they going to be in control of NC product or just moving it around as told? Are they going to be performing CA/PA or just be part of the process? Are they going to be in charge of or doing the IA or just be involved?

B

Boscoeee

i have just finished drafting the six main procudres. i am wondering if am on the right track, someone said i had already over documented. should i use flowcharts to at least make these six simpler....?

Thanks.

judy

Who is the someone, is he / she a QMS ISO 9001:2000 professional?

Flow charts are a wonderful aid in understanding the process, decision points, and potential measurement points. IMHO, a flow chart of each process should be created either by the process owner or has direct input into the flowchart.

So I recommend flow charts!:agree1:

In terms of QMS System Documentation you need;

" Documented statements of a quality policy and quality objectives,
a quality manual,
documented procedures required by the international standard
documents needed by the organization to ensure the effective planning, operations, and control of its processes, and
records required by this international standard (see 4.2.2)."

So, Quality policy and objectives, a Quality Assurance Manual, Six Documented procedures, To Be Determined set of documents to ensure effective planning, operations, and control of its processes and Eighteen Records as required by the Standard.

Actually, I like to document any process with a flowchart and work instruction because I deal directly with the process owner or technician and get the process and it gaps from the person in the know. This allow me to have a greater understanding of many processes and procedures and give the people a play to vent about problems in the processes and procedures.

Have a great day.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I have been advising companies to use flow charts since 1994. Obviously that's my 'vote'.

howste

Thaumaturge
I'm with Marc. I generally write a flowchart first, then write the procedure. Then I include the flowchart in the procedure...

Peter Fraser

I'm with Marc. I generally write a flowchart first, then write the procedure. Then I include the flowchart in the procedure...

Can the flowchart not BE the procedure (at least in some cases)? It helps to reinforce the "process approach".

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Yes, in many cases if the flow chart is 'comprehensive' that's all you need.

Top Bottom