Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

ISO 9001:2000 Information and Quality Manual for Non-Profit Organization

• Thread starter 20101012 Request
  • Start date

20101012 Request

List,

I am a member of an all-volunteer non-profit corporation that has grown to the point where it needs to document policy, procedure, instructions and so on. As a former Quality Control Lab Manager, I am familiar with ISO standards and would like to present a small sample quality-manual to the board as a possible candidate for a documentation system.

I lucked upon the nasa site. Their quality manual is open to the public so I downloaded parts of their manual and made small changes. I now have templates for procedures, work instructions and a sample quality manual although it is not a perfect fit.

Here is where I need help.

1_I need a copy of ISO 9001-2000 QMS standarads.
To purchase the standard new is $97.00. Too high for a project that is to be presented for consideration. If it is accepted, the organization may purchase it but I can't say. Is one available on line?

2_I'd like to see a quality manual of a non-profit for guidance.
Is one online for viewing?

3_I welcome advice/comments pertaining to non-profit groups.
I have never created a quality manual. I have only had to create and revise parts as needed.

This is just a sample lab and don't wish to get too deep into it since there is a chance it may not be accepted. A sample procedure for one department, one child work instruction and it's record/form may be adequate. Any thoughts?

Please feel free to correct any erroroneous ideas or information I have posted. It's been several years since I have worked in quality control.

Lorrie

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
Re: Help with quality manual for non-profit organization

Hello Normma,

Welcome to The Cove Forums!
:bigwave: :bigwave:

List,

I am a member of an all-volunteer non-profit corporation that has grown to the point where it needs to document policy, procedure, instructions and so on. As a former Quality Control Lab Manager, I am familiar with ISO standards and would like to present a small sample quality-manual to the board as a possible candidate for a documentation system.

I lucked upon the nasa site. Their quality manual is open to the public so I downloaded parts of their manual and made small changes. I now have templates for procedures, work instructions and a sample quality manual although it is not a perfect fit.

1_I need a copy of ISO 9001-2000 QMS standards.
To purchase the standard new is $97.00. Too high for a project that is to be presented for consideration. If it is accepted, the organization may purchase it but I can't say. Is one available on line?
No, standards are copyrighted materials and are not available here. However, you can look around in your area and ask if you could borrow one for a while. You can contact the local ASQ section and ask (because your are a volunteer organization) if they could help you.

Yes, there are many samples of documents available here.
Click on the "Post Attachments List"; the little green bar in the left-upper corner, type in a key word, and voila...no need to go to NASA.

I have conducted a search for you on "Manual."

I have never created a quality manual. I have only had to create and revise parts as needed.
See above.

This is just a sample lab and don't wish to get too deep into it since there is a chance it may not be accepted. A sample procedure for one department, one child work instruction and it's record/form may be adequate. Any thoughts?
See above.

Please feel free to correct any erroroneous ideas or information I have posted. It's been several years since I have worked in quality control.

Lorrie
Pleae let us know if you need more help searching here.

Hope this helps.

Stijloor.

20101012 Request

Stijloor,

Yes you have helped. I had not thought of borrowing a copy of the standards and thanks for the link.

Normma

Randy

Super Moderator

List,

1_I need a copy of ISO 9001-2000 QMS standarads.
Copywrited.

Probably, but each organizations manual is specific for them.To be honest as far as a QMS goes there is no difference in a profit, non-profit or whatever else.

You'll have to do the same stuff as any other organization

Procedures are easy...just write down what you do and how it is to be done properly.

Lorrie

Don't make a mountain out of a molehill here.The wheel has already been invented so just follow the plans. Every answer you seek has probably been posted here already so just use the SEARCH tool and look in the Forum under ISO 9001:2000 because there are thousands of posts. There are numerous manuals posted here in the "Attachments" area you've been told about....use it. There are 1 page,4 page, 15 page and whatever else, many of them in MS Word. Helpyourself,they are free for your use.

Top Bottom