ISO 9001:2000 QMS Quality Policy Review

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
Quality Policy Review

I've got a question about demonstrating that the Quality Policy is reviewed for continuing suitability as required by 5.3 e).

We are a company with several facilities in Canada and the U.S.. It has been decided that the Organization would like a corporate, North American Quality Policy...one that would apply to all of our facilities.

Each facility has, however, their own Top Management, with the Really Top Management located at one facility in the U.S.

If we have a common Quality Policy amongst all of our locations, who is responsible for reviewing the Quality Policy? Do we say that each group of Top Management at each location is responsible for ensuring that everything aligns? Would it be sufficient to provide exerpts from the minutes of the Really Top Management group demonstrating *they* have reviewed as it applies to all facilities in North America? Both? :bonk:

Thanks for your input!

R

Randy Stewart

2 Stages

This is how we approach it and we haven't received any write ups.
The company has it's Quality and Environmental policies and it is reviewed at the top management level. Each facility may have different targets or mission statements, but the Quality and Environmental statements match. Each facility does it's own type of management/policy review at the plant staff level.

V

Verito

HI There!

I have a question regarding with quality policy, it's correct every policy need to be include the product or service your provided?
For example? I;m working in a corrugating company...

Our policy must to say "we are a company who provide packaging products in different dimensions......"

I will appreciate your advices..

Thank you
:bigwave:

Manoj Mathur

Quite Involved in Discussions
Quality and Environment Policy should be Very Much Specific to the plant/ Company/Unit. I shall try to define it with illustration.
My Parent Company Hindalco Ind. Ltd. Which is in the manufacturing of Aluminum and Aluminum Products such as Rolled and Extruded product has defined the Recyclability issues, Pot Room ( Aluminum Smelter) and Buxite issue in their Policy. While we as a unit of Hindalco Ind. only when we set up here our plant which is in the manufacturing of Aluminum Foils (Used in Packaging Industries) and Foil products and Aluminum Alloy Wheels which has nothing to do with Bauxite or Aluminum Smelter has not mentioned in our Env. Policy.
Does it make a sense?

M

M Greenaway

Your quality manual must contain the scope of the system, that is perhaps where 'what we do' specifics would come in. You could of course wrap this up in the policy statement, but it is not a 'requirement'.

Top Bottom