ISO 9001:2000 standard sunset period when ISO 9001 is revised

V

vanputten

"I had the pleasure of speaking with the vice president of standards for ISO earlier this year and she told me that the technical committees had been disbanded for now so don't expect anything for a while."

I would love to learn more about this statement. Who is this person?

I would like to learn more since I am on the US Task Group to TC 176 for quality management system standards. No one told me we were disbanded. Actually, as far as I know work is progressing. The Busan, Korea meeting happened. A working draft 2 of ISO 9001 is being written. The Design Specification was revised for the amendment to ISO 9001, meaning more items were added to the scope of the amendment. Still everything in the Design Spec is in support of an amendment which means there will be NO requirement changes, just clarifications to make the standard more understandable. At least that is the intent.

Regards,

Dirk

Colin

Quite Involved in Discussions
Dirk

Apologies if the information was incorrect, I was quoting what I was told back in April this year. Perhaps I misheard what she said. Sorry, I can't remember her name.

V

vanputten

Hello Colpart:

No apologies needed. This is a great example of the benefits of The Cove. We can share what we have heard and get confirmation. No worries here.

Thanks for your postings. Keep 'em coming.

Regards,

Dirk

V

vanputten

Hello Sidney:

Is there anything you don't know? You amaze me.

I was confused about Working Draft 2 (WD2). WD2 for 9001 was validated at the Busan, Korea meeting. The Committee Draft 1 (CD1) is to be completed in December of this year. That is the plan.

I do not have the revised Design Specification for ISO 9001. I have only seen draft resolutions for the changes to the Design Specification.

Regards,

Dirk

Top Bottom