ISO 9001:2000 to ISO 9001:2008 Transition - Changing documentation

R

Rajes

Hi,

Is necessary to revise the whole set of QMS documents (including manual, procedures & forms) to indicate the ISO 9001:2008 transition. Pls clarify.

Thanks.

Rajes.

Randy

Super Moderator
Re: ISO 9001:2008 Transition

OK, I'll advise...........If all your documentation was goodlast year, leave it alone.

If you made references to ISO 9001:2000 in any of your documentation just change that.

There are no new requirements or any deleted requirements.

Raffy

Quite Involved in Discussions

Hi Rajes,
Randy is right with regard to the reference to ISO9001:2000 you can change it or you can write a one page provision that all documents using the ISO9001:2000 will be change or be revised to ISO9001:2008 if there is a major revision due to the following organizational change, document arising from audit findings (internal /external), corrective and preventive action and continual improvement. (But this will depend who is your CB, because some CB may take it as nonconformance using an obsolete standard. Other CB may look at these as a practical way of cost reduction measure)
Hope this helps.
best regards,
raffy :)

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader

Some existing ISO 9001:2008 transition discussion threads.

Note: This is a 'rough' search so it does include some other 'transition' threads, but it may help you a bit.

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant
Hi,

Is necessary to revise the whole set of QMS documents (including manual, procedures & forms) to indicate the ISO 9001:2008 transition. Pls clarify.

Thanks.

Rajes.

As others have said, I would not change it. I am not requiring clients to chnage it. If you revise a document for other reasons, perhaps that would be a good time to change it.

Perhaps it would be wise to just refer to ISO 9001 in your future docuemnts, and leave off the revision year.

A notation in your doc control procedure, or quality manual about the switch (2000 = 2008) might be good, if your CB requires it.

Q

qualitygoddess - 2010

Agree that you would be best served by referencing the ISO 9001 standard and just state in your manual that it complies with the most current published revision.

You also might want to spend some time reviewing the changes, which is very nicely explained in the appendix of the 9001:2008 document. You may find some differences in your interpretations based on the notes or the minor rewording of the requirements - there are 4 requirements where worded has been altered. It's always good to know!

-QG

A

amanbhai

OK, I'll advise...........If all your documentation was goodlast year, leave it alone.

If you made references to ISO 9001:2000 in any of your documentation just change that.

There are no new requirements or any deleted requirements.

I keep the documents the same way. However, the problem is when (external) auditor does not find any NCs he raises these doc related issues.

R

RaymondC

What if i'm going to plan for iso9001 now? it should be 2008 version, shouldn't it?

E

Esthyl - 2010

As others have said, I would not change it. I am not requiring clients to chnage it. If you revise a document for other reasons, perhaps that would be a good time to change it.

Perhaps it would be wise to just refer to ISO 9001 in your future docuemnts, and leave off the revision year.

A notation in your doc control procedure, or quality manual about the switch (2000 = 2008) might be good, if your CB requires it.

ISO auditors, is it acceptable to refer to ISO 9001 and leave revision year?

Is it acceptable if I just change the revision year 2000 to 2008 by just using correction pen, without revised the revision status?

Top Bottom