ISO 9001:2000 Transition Training Course - Recommended?

T

tracey

Training

I have successfully completed a ANSI-RAB NAP Accredited ISO 9000 Lead Auditor traing class. It has been suggested that I'll also attend a transtional training class to prepare me for my upcoming venture. Do you feel it is needed?

A

Aaron Lupo

Tracey was the course to the 94 standard, if so yes I would suggest you also take the transition course for 9K2K.

Randy

Super Moderator
Ask yourself this question...."If I took the ISO 9000:2000 Lead Auditor training course, do I need to take the ISO 9000:2000 Lead Auditor Transition course?"

If you really need to ask that question don't quit your day job.

I hate to be rude, but you apparently aren't grasping the intent of either course, and your ability to audit the complexities of a QMS might not meet the grade.

N

noboxwine

Tracey: Welcome Again the Cove.

Don’t be disappointed with some of the belittling reply’s that appear here from time to time. It’s not representative of the Cove. Almost all participants here choose to constructively help their colleagues, even if the answer may be uncomplicated to them. Focus on the positive participants, keep the questions coming and you’ll find this a good support mechanism. Smile. It’s Friday !

P.S.- You’re good to go on the Lead Auditor stuff ! Congrat’s!

T

tracey

I was confident that I didn't need the transitional course until the auditor from the Registrar suggested it. He said it would show me exactly what would have to be changed within our system.

A

Aaron Lupo

tracey said:

I was confident that I didn't need the transitional course until the auditor from the Registrar suggested it. He said it would show me exactly what would have to be changed within our system.

Tracey, if you feel that the transition course would benift you take it, if you are not fimiliar with the 9K2K standard take it, however, if you are only taking it because your registrar suggested it and you feel you have a grasp on the differences between 9K2K and 9K:94 then don't take it. Remember, you will also have to explain to the rest of the company what the changes are and why they need to be made. This is the question you really need to ask yourself, how well do I know the 9K2K standard and where is differs from the 94 version. If you don't understand 9K2K don't feel bad there are many many people who don't understand it either. Good Luck!

Just out of curosity, is the transition class they suggested you take being offered by you registrar?

Randy

Super Moderator
Like I said...I don't mean to be rude:(

There was no intent to belittle, just a a slight realignment of thought.:truce:

E Wall

Just Me!
Trusted Information Resource
Welcome Tracey

Hello Tracey and welcome aboard! As you can see from the responses there are many ways to get a job done. What you need to figure out is what is specifically needed by your organization.

I would recommend you do a search on both Internal Audits and Auditor Training. Both issues have been discussed at lentgh and you will need to scan through to find information relevant to your situation. It is a little time consuming, but you never know when you will strike paydirt!

Experience is an invaluable tool. What you learn in a program/class is not the 'ALL' that is needed to fill a job. Personally, I train our internal auditors using a modified (customized) Technicomp Internal Auditor Trianing Program. Classroom training is augmented with practicle exercises performed in class. I am attaching the IACC - Grade Reporting form, so you can see how the grading is achieved here.

I'll attach the Exam to a separate post.

Best of luck getting started!
Eileen

PS: Randy, Thank you for extending the appology. I hope we will all keep in mind that we will not all agree on issues, so please do not take the comments as being directed 'personally' but rather 'topically'. I hope I stated that so it makes sense.

Attachments

• iacc-gradereporting.doc
    35.5 KB · Views: 331

E Wall

Just Me!
Trusted Information Resource
Internal Auditor Exam

This is the Exam I use:

Attachments

• auditing trainee exam - part 1.doc
    34.5 KB · Views: 1,179
Top Bottom