ISO 9001:2000 version to ISO 9001:2008 - Necessary Document Revisions

N

novusqc

ello all,
my company is not ISO certified at this time but I have been in charge of our quality system implementation for sometime now. Now that the 2008 edition is out I have been combing thru our manual for possible cheanges. My question is when I am completed should I remove the old manual and start fresh or should I update the rev. levels on the documents I have changed. I've been tossing this around quite a bit yalls help would be greatly appreciated.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: ISO 2001 to 2008???????

ello all,
my company is not ISO certified at this time but I have been in charge of our quality system implementation for sometime now. Now that the 2008 edition is out I have been combing thru our manual for possible cheanges. My question is when I am completed should I remove the old manual and start fresh or should I update the rev. levels on the documents I have changed. I've been tossing this around quite a bit yalls help would be greatly appreciated.

What would work better for your company? If your documents include references to "2000", you may want to change them to "2008." Although references to 2008 are not required. "ISO 9001" should suffice. The 2008 version of ISO 9001 does not contain new ("shall") requirements, although some of my distinguished Fellow Covers may differ in opinion...;)

In addition, if your quality manual is more a traditional rehash of the standard language, and you want to maintain that model, then I would check the phraseology in the manual and update likewise. Again, your choice.

Stijloor.

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
Re: ISO 2001 to 2008???????

My question is when I am completed should I remove the old manual and start fresh or should I update the rev. levels on the documents I have changed.

I would suggest that you treat it like any other document change. I imagine that you will be revising an existing document. If that's the case, then just roll the revision to the next level. Why would you start the revision levels over again?

Top Bottom