ISO 9001:2008 to 2015 Transition Training

C

Cabo2005

Looking for suggestions of training to attend to assist me transitioning the current program to to 2015. I am the Quality Manager for our company and will be doing all the work. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

J

JoShmo

Re: 9001:2008 to 2015 Transition Training

Can I ask what you need training in? Is it how to manage the tasks of implementing the changes in your system (did you do the 1994 - 2000 changes, for example). Going to a course to be told what's in the standard isn't much use IMHO. But if you need some help to identify plan and implement the changes in your won system, I'd suggest a hands on consultant is best bang for your currency.

C

Cabo2005

Jo, wasn't here for the the first transition but been managing the program since 2008. Looking for a class that helps identify the changes and also to assist implementing the changes.

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource

In my opinion any training is a valuable asset. It will provide you some clarification, maybe some implementation ideas, and just plain good knowledge. I would look at various Registrars that are offering training on transition. I formally worked for BSi and I would recommend them, even DNV is another option.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
J

JoShmo

Jo, wasn't here for the the first transition but been managing the program since 2008. Looking for a class that helps identify the changes and also to assist implementing the changes.

Then you can't use a register! And they don't know HOW to implement stuff, you'd be better off finding someone with hands on experience - not auditors! Think of it like a product redesign. Who gets involved? No the dude in the white coat down at the end of the production line (not without the others, for sure).

Plenty of great consultants about. They've been doing this stuff for nearly a year for sure, maybe longer. Don't even think about using your current register unless they have some kind of download charts etc.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader

I agree that training of any kind is good. I can't personally recommend any specific training organization these days as it's been a while and there are a lot of good training providers.

As to PJ, I don't know what training they do these days but their "problem" was close to 15 years ago - Ancient history. Not to mention, many were doing the same thing as PJ was knocked about for, and it was not related to training. Many companies do the same thing today, they just have different "divisions" doing registration and consulting.

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help

...As to PJ, I don't know what training they do these days but their "problem" was close to 15 years ago - Ancient history. Not to mention, many were doing the same thing as PJ was knocked about for, and it was not related to training. Many companies do the same thing today, they just have different "divisions" doing registration and consulting.

Thanks for the updated information :)

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help

Then you can't use a register! And they don't know HOW to implement stuff, you'd be better off finding someone with hands on experience - not auditors! Think of it like a product redesign. Who gets involved? No the dude in the white coat down at the end of the production line (not without the others, for sure).

Plenty of great consultants about. They've been doing this stuff for nearly a year for sure, maybe longer. Don't even think about using your current register unless they have some kind of download charts etc.

Huh? I am not sure that I understand what you are saying about not using a Registrar for training. There would be no conflict of interest if this training is/was provided by a third party, and that the training is offered to the general public. The Registrars understand the interpretation of the standard. Their auditors are well trained, knowledgeable (most of them) and I would guess they have to attend transition training just as the transition between the revisions of the AS Standard.

I really don't want to get into a back and forth discussions over consultants vs registrars. It will go no where. Each group has their value. :notme:

J

JoShmo

The changes are identified IN the standard (did you get a copy yet?) Paying someone to read you the standard (isn't training, BTW) and all your paying for is for someone who has read what you can? Makes zero sense to me. However, getting help to identify in your own management system what could/should/would be done to meet the new requirements? Thta's money well spent...IMHO (I don't buy that registers "know" much more than anyone else - take a look at the stuff posted here about "My auditor did this, or that kinda thing")

Top Bottom