ISO 9001:2011 Certification - Is that legit?

T

TrishDish

One of our new vendor's website lists they are "ISO 9001-2011 Certified". What is that?

Thank you in advance.

insect warfare

QA=Question Authority
Trusted Information Resource
Re: The next (5th) revision of ISO 9001 - When available?

Or it could mean that the vendor was certified in 2011, and it was just placed poorly on the webpage...

Brian :rolleyes:

Big Jim

Admin

One of our new vendor's website lists they are "ISO 9001-2011 Certified". What is that?

Thank you in advance.

No such standard exists so that would be BS. Ask them for a copy of their certificate.

TPMB4

Quite Involved in Discussions

I wonder if that is a case of the website designer not knowing what ISO9001 is and the year element in the standard. They took from the certification year thinking that it is a selling point to have ISO9001:2011 because they've got a later certificate than 2008 so good to put that on!! Not realising that 2008 refers to the publication date and the certification date is irrelevant to the standard.

Think their marketing boffins need some training in the basics of quality perhaps.

M

Michael T

Certainly, in most cases, these tend to be the result of "MARKETING-DEPARTMENT-GONE-WILD".

I've see this on several occasions, especially from our overseas vendors... and given them the benefit of the doubt... :rolleyes:

One thing is for certain... that could get them an NC during an audit should the auditor find it...

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
I've see this on several occasions, especially from our overseas vendors... and given them the benefit of the doubt... :rolleyes:

One thing is for certain... that could get them an NC during an audit should the auditor find it...
I don't think it would bear any relevancy. If the organization us using the 2008 version, there's no problem outside of someone's confusion.

M

Michael T

I don't think it would bear any relevancy. If the organization us using the 2008 version, there's no problem outside of someone's confusion.

Hmmmmm... perhaps my auditor was incorrect... but we recieved an NC for having the wrong version of ISO in the letterhead on a form we use. It had been inadvertently overlooked during the revision when we went from 2001 to 2008.

Top Bottom