ISO 9001 News ISO 9001:2015 Amendment 1 Published - Determination of Climate Change Relevance * Poll added May 2024

How has been your experience during ISO 9001 audits in relation to Climate Change?

• Auditor has asked a few questions but not really delved much into it.

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Auditor did not mentioned CC whatsoever.

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Auditor was thorough in the investigation concerning our QMS and CC

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • We did not allow the discussion to take place

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Auditor wrote us up for failing to address CC in our QMS

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Govind

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
It seems I missed the discussion on the recent Climate Change requirement amendment. I agree that the requirement lacks clarity regarding its implementation within an organization to achieve its full potential. Here is an article I have published on this topic in the Quality Progress for your reference.

Randy

Super Moderator
It seems I missed the discussion on the recent Climate Change requirement amendment. I agree that the requirement lacks clarity regarding its implementation within an organization to achieve its full potential. Here is an article I have published on this topic in the Quality Progress for your reference.
It ain't there

JanKees

Starting to get Involved
"After careful consideration, the organization has decided to declare the subject of 'climate change' irrelevant in the context of the MS, without denying the global problem."

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
"After careful consideration, the organization has decided to declare the subject of 'climate change' irrelevant in the context of the MS, without denying the global problem."
According to one of the ISO/IAF communiqués, upon that determination, the CB auditor should STILL proceed. It reads

“…If it was considered not to be a relevant issue by the organization for its management system, the CB is expected to ensure the effectiveness of the organization’s process to make this determination and implementing related actions, when applicable…”

I seriously doubt most of the CB auditors are intellectually equipped or inclined to do what the above paragraph implies. But, as I have said a couple of times before, during a witnessed audit the CB auditor might feel compelled to attempt to assess the organization process to determine relevance of issues such as climate change. It could hit the fan.

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
According to one of the ISO/IAF communiqués, upon that determination, the CB auditor should STILL proceed. It reads

“…If it was considered not to be a relevant issue by the organization for its management system, the CB is expected to ensure the effectiveness of the organization’s process to make this determination and implementing related actions, when applicable…”

I seriously doubt most of the CB auditors are intellectually equipped or inclined to do what the above paragraph implies. But, as I have said a couple of times before, during a witnessed audit the CB auditor might feel compelled to attempt to assess the organization process to determine relevance of issues such as climate change. It could hit the fan.
In other words, agree with us or else.

poh.s.lim

Poh S. Lim (Minuteman MMXXIII)
Added to 4.1 Added: The organization shall determine whether climate change is a relevant issue.

Answer - While sitting around eating burgers and drinking we determined NOPE!
I like that. The amendment 1 is quite simple and straight forward: Just determine whether CC is a relevant is (to the organisation). I can imagine a small company doing simple basic tasks having to make a huge big deal about it. Just eat your burgers and down your coke while determining NOPE. Hahahaha

Top Bottom